Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Before I press 'buy' on a UST tyre
  • jontlegend
    Free Member

I have Stans rims. Will a UST tyre work tubeless on them? I’ve mounted ‘normal tyres’ tubeless before, but don’t know much about the UST variety

Thanks

Garry_Lager

Yes they will – used numerous times on Stans crest and arch.

mattjg
    Free Member

Not necessarily. Well anything will ‘work’ but some will be hard or very hard to mount, some not.

What rims, what tyres?

I believe Crests btw are not designed for UST tyres, they’re designed for non-UST tyres running ghetto tubeless.

Search forum history there’s been lots on this.

cynic-al
    Free Member

stand forums worth a look too.

Northwind

Podium MMX makes a point of saying that they’re not designed for UST (the idea being, I think, that you shouldn’t put a big heavy UST boot on a superlight rim anyway)

The others as far as I know are all supposed to work with UST… Question I would ask, is why UST? Most quality standard tyres work fine and save you weight, and money. Some folks need UST but it’s like dualply IMO, something you only do if you have to.

neil853
    Free Member

Most quality standard tyres work fine and save you weight, and money. Some folks need UST but it’s like dualply IMO, something you only do if you have to

I’ve ran both and (especially) on the back I find UST (well actually Maxxis LUST) able to handle lower pressures more durably. Easier to inflate in my experiance too.

mr_mills
    Free Member

No problems here with LUST Crossmarks on Crest rims.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Before I press 'buy' on a UST tyre’ is closed to new replies.