Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Beers in Manchester next Thursday?
  • hora
    Free Member

Pooks coming to Manchester next Thursday and staying for a few beers. Anyone up for a beer then?

Venue/meet? No idea, what about one of the Chop Houses or similar place that sells decent range of ales (and is a bit bigger) but close enough to the two main train stations.

highclimber
    Free Member

is this an open invitation?

hora
    Free Member

Yes but of course. I’m not niche in anyway.

Junkyard
    Free Member

is your mate coming …single fit one not Binners 😉

nbt

might be up for that. will keep an eye on this thread. Food first / as well?

hp_source

could be tempted if this is a post-work drinkies sesh 🙂

bar’s like odd bar and trof in the northern quarter are between the two stations.

hora
    Free Member

nbt, you should know I can’t organise a piss up let alone a complex operation that involves food ontop!

post-work drinkies sesh

That’d be the best idea so people can have one, disapear or stay etc. Problem with Odd- its small and their beers etc arent great (in terms of ale selection).

What about the place round the corner from there (onto the cobbles- turn right and its now double-fronted/extended into the next shopfront) Across the road from a skaters shop.

lowey

Sams Chop House. Wonderful little pub with some good ales.

hora
    Free Member

http://www.citylife.co.uk/arts/news/14182_this_box_is_all_yours___supporters__party

http://www.aplacecalledcommon.co.uk/

If it had to be the Northern Quarter plus you can see/keep an eye on any bikes outside.

True about Sams, I like that place 🙂

hora
    Free Member

**** it, Loweys right.

http://samsmanchester.thevictorianchophousecompany.com/

It is. They also offer food at your table in the bar area.

Pook

allo. I’m supposedly coming over for a chat about a job. Not sure of time or anything yet but I will keep you posted.

highclimber
    Free Member

count me in, I like a good excuse to drink some ales!

rOcKeTdOg

a village called Manchester, where’s that?

hora
    Free Member

We could do a wee-pub crawl. There are few within 500m’s of Sam’s that are good/ale’s including one that serves Deuchars ontap 😀

highclimber
    Free Member

Being single and all now means I can do spontaneous things like going for drinks with strangers! ha

Pook

Deuchars tastes like cat wee though.

highclimber
    Free Member

Deuchars IPA isn’t a bad drop. there are better but good bitter vendors are hard to come by these days in cities!

hora
    Free Member

Ok, but if you call (Deuchars) Caledonian80 cat wee we have a problem. A Fatwah will be passed.

rOcKeTdOg

80 shilling and bellhaven are brewed in the urinal aren’t they?

Pook

A Fat what?

Are you gonna ‘wah’ at me?

portlyone

What about the place round the corner from there (onto the cobbles- turn right and its now double-fronted/extended into the next shopfront) Across the road from a skaters shop.

Common?

hora
    Free Member

Thats the one. Sam’s is the best though.

Harry_the_Spider

Can’t do a school night but we should arrange a sausage and beer frenzy for a Saturday afternoon when the Christmas markets are on.

ton

what kind of time………might fancy this.
    train from leeds to mancs is quick.

Pook

Dunno yet ton – I’m guessing post work time for most people. I’ve just been told ‘PM’ for my thing.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Be warned that Hora is trying to get as many people along as possible, so that when he does his ‘oh I’ve accidentally left my wallet at home’ trick, some poor mug will fell sorry for him and buy him a pint. Binners told me this.Apparently he does it all the time.

Hora; £60 or your TAG watch. By tomorrow. Or you’re in trouble…

highclimber
    Free Member

Damn it, I was going to try that one!

binners

Do they serve elaborate cocktails in Sams chophouse. I’m not going unless I can drink expresso Martini’s. Paid for by Hora as I intend to forget my wallet for a change

If Hora forgets his wallet, as usual, I say we tie him to the town hall fountain, naked, then whip him with bike chains

Actually…. He’ll probably love that.

Pook

I’ll bring my wallet. But as I have no money it’s useless.

hora
    Free Member

I’d actually pay to enjoy that (if I had money in my wallet!).

Start straight after work I reckon, so it allows people to come for a quickie and go or stay abit longer 🙂

So 5.30 onwards. I’ll post a number up on here on the day so anyone who is coming later can check where everyone currently is bar-wise.

Pook

So, I’m meeting this guy at 3pm. Should be about an hour then I’m around ’til the last train at 10.30pm.

nbt

Where are you meeting the chap? I finish work at 4 so if I can blag a lift to the station I should be in Picadilly around 4.45, in the pub by 5 and leathered by 6

Pook

just round the corner from the station

nbt

Winner. mail me your mobile number with that story you promised 😉

Pook

I’ve got time to do it now!

new email by the way jules. in profile.

highclimber
    Free Member

Is this still going ahead? We should definitely have a toast to commiserate the untimely passing of Mr Jahwomble.

Pook

yes and yes we should. He always seemed a lovely bloke.

hora
    Free Member

So Sams’ Chop house. Everyone ok with finding it? Pook would you like me to come and find you 🙂

http://samsmanchester.thevictorianchophousecompany.com/

From circa 6pm.

Pook

Should be ok as I’m meeting Jules.

hora
    Free Member

Kool

We should definitely have a toast to commiserate the untimely passing of Mr Jahwomble

Definitely agree. All raise glasses as one.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Beers in Manchester next Thursday?’ is closed to new replies.