Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Beer, the cause of (and solution to) all of life's problems
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Just tried Hoegaarden for the first time in my 43 years. OMG!!! What a revelation. One of the nicest beers I've tasted.

[Barney]Burp! Where have you been all my life?[/Barney]

If anyone's interested ASDA are doing 75cl bottles for £2 only don't bother going to Westbrook I'll be cleaning them out in the morning.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just tried Hoegaarden for the first time in my 43 years

Have you been in a coma or something?

Now, time to try some more grown up beers…
    La Chouffe is next in the glass at Flash Towers.
    Leffe Blonde, Brune, Vielle Cuvee and Radieuse are also worth a look
    Then on to the Westmalles and Karmeliets of this world.

Coyote
    Free Member

Grown up beers…?

Leffe Blonde is in the fridge, Leffe Brune stashed in a cool corner of the garage alongside the Innes and Gunn. Bombardier and Bishops Finger running low. Once the clocks go back we are in to Old Peculiar and Hobgoblin territory.

Don't lecture me about beer boy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don't call me boy, old man! 😉

Still amazed you got that far without trying a Hoe. As it were.

Coyote
    Free Member

It's really nice when, even after all this time enjoying beer, you can have an epiphany.

BTW, forgot the 8) after 'boy'. No offense meant.

singletrackmind

Try a Pelforth Brune ifyou can find one. kinda like a grown up Newcastle Brown , but at 6.5%alc vol, a whole different fish of kettle .

GrahamS

Blonde/wheat beers: taste nice but always give me a splitting hangover.

lowey

Beer, the cause of (and solution to) all of life's problems

Interesting. I'll put this to the test starting at 12.30 this afternoon in Manchester City Centre.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

wheat beers are good, I quite like Kronenbourg Blanc – incredibly refreshing and a nice change if you're full of brown beer. My current favourite is Little Creatures, who knew the ozzies could make decent beer.

robgarrioch

+1 for Hoegaarden – sure it's fresh nature = less hangover. 'mind the pouring method – 2/3s out, swirl the rest. Still pricey in the pub, but less required. Belhaven Best as 2nd choice.

Spaceman
    Free Member

Hoegarden also gives me a splitting headache the next day but is indeed very very nice.

I had some Pendle Witches Brew in Manc city centre the other night, not had it for over a decade, what a top beer, nicest thing I've tasted in a while.

tankslapper
    Free Member

White beer………drooooooooooolllllll
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml3ybCxxMRk

Coyote
    Free Member

Hmmm… Bit of a fuzzy head today.

grumm
    Free Member

I like Konig Ludwig for a weiss beer

Kramer
    Free Member

Shneiderweiss, Franziskanner both good wheat beers. Erdinger is my favourite though.

hp_source

slightly off tangent, bit when read the thread title it reminded me of this song, so I might as well share it with you, some of the lyrics are genius.

BNL – Alcohol

pault41
    Free Member

Now come on folks don't forget "THEAKSTONS OLDE PERCULIER " . 😆

brakes
    Free Member

Hoegaarden's nice, but like most white beers you can only drink 2 max before it gets too rich and perfumey

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I've just finished a long lunch here – http://www.belgo-restaurants.co.uk/drinks

Am somewhat pished.

Coyote, none taken, I knew it was in jest!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Beer, the cause of (and solution to) all of life's problems’ is closed to new replies.