Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Been riding today ?
  • Mounty_73

Just back from a nice long ride…..fantastic weather, the sun is shining, its pretty warm in the sun….only downside is that the trails are still very muddy !

Anyone else been out today ?

🙂

Mackem

Had a quick spin, nowt to write home about, sunny but muddy.

pedalhead
    Free Member

yeah, out for a couple of hours before work. The first time I’ve had some nice views on my morning ride for quite a while. Lovely!

Mounty_73

I sat by the river, was almost tempted to have a bag of chips, but I was only half way home….

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

riding to the gym later for a my first double spin class, wish i wasn’t going to spinning (doing it to keep the wife company and make sure she doesn’t stare at men’s bottoms)

wish i wasn’t, would have been a cracking day to get out for our usual 60 miler

StirlingCrispin

Out for a wee spin at lunchtime – along the river and back.

Muddy but fun – good to be out in the sun.

RustySpanner

Nice road ride from Radcliffe to Edenfield, Rawtenstall, Burnley and back.

46 miles of sunny, happy, riding.

I’m getting to like this roadie lark. 🙂

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Yup, three hours or so. Sunny but damp, did some trail drainage too (scooping channels by hand in the mud)

Enjoying the hardtail for the first time in many years!

epicsteve
    Free Member

Not been out on the bike (although I was tempted) – went for a run round one of the reservoirs in the Pentlands though.

postierich
    Free Member

Out for 4 hours with daughter on a tagalong I,m going to suffer on the night ride!

thepurist

Yeah, short sleeves for the first time this year 😀 but with all the rain it’s muddier than it’s been for ages. Not long till dusty trails! (crosses fingers, strokes lucky rabbit foot hanging off horseshoe and plucks 4 leaf clover from goop jammed round front mech).

bigyinn
    Free Member

Not today, but went out yesterday for 2 1/2 hours in the rain, 20 miles in filthy wet and muddy conditions. LOVED IT!

redthunder
    Free Member

Yes.

I went Portishead 🙂 [Battery Point for this weeks assignment ]

doubledunter
    Free Member

Glen loin loop Arrochar…lovely jaunt 😆

jedi

i been out digging and riding. hurt my back though 🙁

Baldysquirt

20 milesish on the road. ’twas very nice to be out.

gee
    Free Member

3hrs on the road bike in the lovely warm sunshine. A glorious day!

GB

DIS

Just got in from nice ride back from work via very muddy wood, great fun and great way to switch of from work.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Yep 3hrs 45 miles around The Chilterns – thank **** for the Sun 8)

chakaping
    Free Member

Yep, muddy and hard work but lovely to see a bit of sunlight through the trees again.

domino

Road ride in the Yorkshire Dales – Skipton, Embsay, Bolton Abbey, Appletreewick, Hebden, Cracoe, Hetton, Gargrave and home. Lots of pothole dodging, cafe stop and enjoying the fine weather.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Spinning in an hour

I sat by the river, was almost tempted to have a bag of chips, but I was only half way home….

There were a few road bikes propped up against the railings on the quayside in Bewdley when I came through. Didn’t see you though.

mmb
    Free Member

23.5 miles of flat along the prom from sandbanks to mudeford.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

92km on the road with druidh, Really windy, and very mild, i was roasted in my 4 layers 🙁

winterfold
    Free Member

Hurtwood in Surrey Hills for me. First real day of Spring – butterflies, bees, wildflowers, 15C. Absolute joy (even if it was a tad muddy).

_tom_
    Free Member

Had to be back here for a meeting at around 1, so just had a very short ride around Cannock FTD and a bit of the Monkey this morning. Really muddy and wet, so once again I’m back to hating gears! Had to use my foot to shift to my granny ring. On a bit of a riding downer as I was riding really crap today. Still can’t get my full confidence back.

bigpole
    Free Member

Top ride today, a few of us did warrington to Delemere fantastic weather (best of the year so far) a bit muddy but ace!!!!!!!

keavo
    Free Member

couple of hours on n.yorks moors. nice day but too sloppy and tired legs made it a bit of a drag.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Yep, 45 road miles in the New Forest sushine

[/url][/img]

swamp_boy

Seeing as I do nearly all the jobs round here from tea boy to CEO and I’ve had to deal with some singularly moronic clients I gave myself the afternoon off and had a nice mooch round the local lanes for a couple of hours. Still wet and muddy but nice to be out.

lucien

A wet, gritty, muddy slog in the sun around Wareham for 2 1/2 hours – loved it

molgrips
    Free Member

Rode to work and back. 16 flat miles. -10 this morning so I was wearing lycra shorts, base layer, fleece, waterproof jacket, roubaix type tights, merino leggings, insulate shoes, thick gloves, a balaclava and shades. I was quite warm. Bout +3 on the way home tho which was nice 🙂

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Cli-machx’d, twice.

ajantom

No, but went for a 10 mile walk along the Otter river, from Ottery St. Mary to Budleigh Salterton on the coast. Finishing with a pint of Otter Ale and an Indian takeaway 😛

Beautiful day for it – think it may have killed my girlfriend though!

Dobbo

Good on you all, but how do so many people get so much time to ride midweek?

I did sneak 1 1/2 ride around the lanes at lunch, one of the bonuses of working from home. 8)

Mounty_73

There were a few road bikes propped up against the railings on the quayside in Bewdley when I came through. Didn’t see you though.

I was sat where the old bandstand use to be, I was sat there for quite some time enjoying the sun, too many kids about….

The Wyre was very muddy.

Good on you all, but how do so many people get so much time to ride midweek?

I’m self employed so I fit my riding in with work….or sometimes the other way around! 😉

deep_river
    Free Member

Gloopy as hell for a nightride around Bringewood!

Nice n warm though!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Been riding today ?’ is closed to new replies.