Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bee's a quick question….
  • Mounty_73

We have noticed over the last few days a few bees flying in and out of a small crack over the patio doors.

Someone has told us to fill the crack with foam to seal it up, now there are lots of the poor sods trying to back back into the hole.

Will they just stop trying and then disappear, is there anything else I need to do?

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

They’ll die

johndoh
    Free Member

Ohhh dear, you’ve opened a hornet’s nest asking that on here…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Just let them bee.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Bees are absolutely vital to the health of the ecosystem and generally pose little threat afaik (unless they’re giant African killer bees 😀 ). Is there a void space in the wall they are inhabiting, if so i’d call the council or ask a local beekeeper for advice as swarms can be relocated to a more suitable location.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Are you sure they’re bees not wasps?

johndoh
    Free Member

Olay so why did this thread just forward me to some stupid game URL? Not even App Store this time – just a web address.

Sort it out STW

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Get in touch with a local bee keeper via the British Bee Keepers Association (www.bbka.org.uk). If the swarm is a viable one a local bee keeper may take it away for a better life making honey.

More likely to be bees trying to establish a nest rather than wasps at this time of year. I’m getting fed up with customers saying that they want me to go out and kill some wasps when I know that its more than likely a bee colony. Had to kill some bees at work the other day( nest was in an awkward place that a bee keeper couldn’t reach and the tenant of the house had a severe allergy), didn’t feel right…

anagallis_arvensis

If it was only a few then doubt they were honey bees. Some rare bumble that you’ve killed no doubt!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bee's a quick question….’ is closed to new replies.