Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • bedtime live…. channel 4 now
  • yetidave
    Free Member

Sometimes when things are tough, you need these programmes to show how lucky you are. Wow some folk have issues.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Indeed.
    Imagine you’ve ended up as being one of those two presenters. It’s a hideous scenario to contemplate.

ElectricRussell
    Free Member

Put your kids in a routine from day one, stick to it, have them a set bedtime and keep them in their own beds. Works for me, never had any troubles.

jock-muttley

These parents need to seriously GET A GRIP…

You don’t negotiate with a 5 year old… you don’t ask a 2 year old (oh you can frame it as a question but it is an order in reality)

Pandering, politically correct, cotton wool wrapped…

words fail me…. Mutt’s lass has had to turn over as I am in a constant rant mode…

What happened to smacking them on their arse????? never did me any harm and we never had any issues with our children either.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

These people should be neutered… violently

Set boundries and have realistic consequences if they step over them bearing in mind a toddler cant conceptualise future concsequences ergo has to be immidiate consequences of misbehavior gentle corporal punishment works wonders…

restless
    Free Member

Put your kids in a routine from day one, stick to it, have them a set bedtime and keep them in their own beds. Works for me, never had any troubles.

Me too. My boys have been in a routine since they were born.
    Some people really do make a rod for their own back by pandering to their kids and then wondering why they mess about.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

2 daughters here…simple ;
    1)Lucy its bedtime go to bed now
    2) Ella time for bed now

Bed time live angered me

neilthewheel

What happened to smacking them on their arse????? never did me any harm and we never had any issues with our children either.

When I was a journalist I interviewed a guy who said much the same thing. “My dad used to hit me – never did me any harm…”
    When I asked him whether the fact that he was hit as a child might have anything to do with the fact that I was speaking to him in a prison, where he was serving a sentence for GBH, his reaction suggested this might never have occurred to him before…

yetidave
    Free Member

Jake is going to get beaten up by his wife if their child doesn’t sleep. Or by my wife if he don’t shut up!

scuttler

“My dad used to hit me – never did me any harm…”

He must’ve been a thick bugger too so that can’t have helped.

fenred
    Free Member

^^ was about to post on that idiotic comment too…Glad other’s did!

…..Issues? Nah! 🙄

boblo
    Free Member

Ahhh another in the series of ‘watch the …..’

Fatties vs thinnies
    Do you want to see my vulva?
    Laugh at the pikies
    And the rest….

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I find wearing them out helps.

molgrips
    Free Member

You can negotiate with 5 year olds and younger. However, negotiating isn’t the same as capitulating.

We pander to our kids where it’s not damaging, however we do have rules. Just not too many.

It’s just the same for me. I have to go to bed and go to work, but I get to exercise some autonomy at other times.

highclimber
    Free Member

Why on god’s earth would you show the whole country what a bad parent you are?

I suppose it’s the same as those folks who like to show their manky fannies and tallywackers on national TV but god forbid going to the GP!

johndoh
    Free Member

Because they aren’t bad parents, just ones struggling to know what to do next?

spacemonkey

IMO Byron also speaks sense on the topic of today’s kids in general. Maybe a bit of a generalisation but she raises several valid points.

In the Torygraph she says:

Saying children and teenagers often receive a “bad press” from adults, she questioned whether their perceived bad manners, poor grades and terrible diet were actually their fault.

Instead, she suggested, it could be the result of parents failing to ensure their offspring got enough sleep to cope with the day ahead.

Like my mum used to say to me, ” Education begins at home”. Ok, I may have sniggered at her back then, but boy was she talking sense. Certainly brings it home when you become a parent yourself.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The wife is quite pally with a few teachers at the kids school, I’ve heard her say and the teachers for that matter that they can tell quite easily which children are encouraged to read/do homework etc by their patents. Some of them just don’t gaf….

swavis

I watched it and realised how lucky we are that our 2yo is in bed by 7pm and up at 7am with no problems and has always been a good sleeper. Sure there’s tantrums now and again but not giving in to them and he soon gets the idea. The 4 1/2 month old is already sleeping from 9pm after his last feed until 7am. Just put them to bed, they want to sleep 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘bedtime live…. channel 4 now’ is closed to new replies.