Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Becoming allergic to stuff as you get older?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Never used to be allergic to plasters, but apparently now I am.

This one was removed a day or so ago, after only being on for 10hrs.

Drac

Allergies are caused by an introduction to the allergen over time, now that can be one off or over several years. I found out I have an allergy to Primapore I’ve used it for over 20 years on other people and not had a problem, had bloods taken the other week and within a couple hours my arm was itchy.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well your injury appears to have healed within 10 hours and left no visible trace, so the plaster obviously did an excellent job. What was the injury btw ?

iolo
    Free Member

I’ve become allergic to idiots. I have absolutely no time for them any more.
    There was a time I would stand and listen but now I just have to walk away.

Jamie
    Free Member

Well your injury appears to have healed within 10 hours and left no visible trace, so the plaster obviously did an excellent job. What was the injury btw ?

I had an cortisone injection in my shoulder on Tuesday, the plaster they popped on promptly fell off so replaced it with a comedically oversized plaster, as all I had available. It was just to stop getting blood on my clothes, hence to real injury visible.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think I can see the hint of potentially nice gunz there. Next time I can just keep it covered with my hand for a few days if that’s ok.

/strangest

Jamie
    Free Member

Hey, buddy. You know there isn’t nowt strange about it.

/tenderloin

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

To still have it sore 3 days later does seem odd. I wonder whether it is really an allergic reaction rather than just the effect of sweatiness and soreness caused by perhaps a non-breathable plaster over a sensitive area of skin ?

Jamie
    Free Member

As it’s been a slow day, earlier I popped a plaster on my stomach for a couple of hours to see what occurred. Same reaction, but a bit milder due to the reduced time frame.

Might just be these specific ones, Tesco Aquasafe, but either way something is going on.

Harry_the_Spider

African Rabies.

Bye bye.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Stick one on your cock and take a pic.

Please.

Pretty please.

Jamie
    Free Member

African Rabies.

Bye bye.

Better sort my will.

To Harry, I leave my wallet filled with cards.

Stick one on your cock and take a pic.

Please.

Pretty please.

I lol’d.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

EDIT: bollocks, too slow. 🙁

cinnamon_girl

Sort out those finger nails Jamie. 😯

allthepies
    Free Member

Is that a wart on your finger ?

cinnamon_girl

Dunno but he’s obviously not heard of a nail brush or nail file!

Dirty beggar. 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

or nail file!

I would have thought that men using nail files is about as common as men using nail varnish – not very.

I agree that his hands appear grubby and rather disgusting though. But then I’m not attracted to men’s hands so probably a little biased.

wallop

I’m only allergic to one thing – plasters.

CountZero

I would have thought that men using nail files is about as common as men using nail varnish – not very.

I usually use a knife, but still get rough bits that snag annoyingly on synthetics, so I use a file.
    Which could be a nail file, but equally could be the file on my Swiss Army Knife, or a flat needle file. Just depends on what’s handy. Having a ragged nail that scratches, or catches on something and rips off and bleeds is just unnecessary.
    Oh, and as I’ve got older, I’ve developed allergies, specifically hay fever, but equally, I used to get a sort of UV eczema on my hands, across the knuckles. Come April, without fail, I’d get these little pimples come up, with white heads, that would then cause the skin to go red and itchy, and split and flake. It would disappear around October, every year, regular as clockwork, but I don’t get it now. Wierd.
    Think I’d rather have the hay fever; at least Wilco’s do cheap tablets that ease it, I could never find anything that stopped my hands getting sore.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Allergic to being plastered myself, symtoms, splitting headache, nausea and sensitivity to sunlight.

maccruiskeen

Come April……would disappear around October

From about october to feb every year for the past few years something makes my shins and love-handles itch like mad.

I’ve occasionally had reactions to plasters recently but I wonder if thats something different being used in their manufacture

elzorillo
    Free Member

From about october to feb every year for the past few years something makes my shins and love-handles itch like mad.

Same here :/

Was sat pondering this very subject myself.

Come from a family of smoking, drinking, unfit layabouts who never seem to suffer with anything. I dont smoke, nore drink, I eat healthily and have kept myself very fit my whole life. In my late 40s I’ve all of a sudden started to develop loads of skin allegies.. even eczema! I just dont get it at all. Normally it’s just my lower legs but last week I woke with a sever bout.. painful/itchy rash over 1/3 of my body, Chest/back/legs, it was unbearable. Docs just recomended antihistamines/Hydrocortisone cream and send me away.

It’s eased a bit now and only have it on my chest/back but god knows how people can bare having it all the time.

For some unknown reason I seem to be getting pathetically weak all of a sudden with these pesky allergies!

allthepies
    Free Member

Last week I woke with a sever bout.. painful/itchy rash over 1/3 of my body, Chest/back/legs, it was unbearable.

You haven’t changed the washing powder you use have you ? I switched to some supermarket own brand stuff and after washing the bed sheets came out in rashes over my body, I was allergic to something in the washing powder. Switched back to known brand and no more rashes.

elzorillo
    Free Member

You haven’t changed the washing powder you use have you ?

Yep.. the missus done it!! Some Aldi brand (Almat)!!! It’s now in the bin and in the process of washing everything again. Fingers crossed that was the culprit.

allthepies
    Free Member

That’ll be it 🙂

mightymule
    Free Member

+1 for washing powder.

I get eczema, and I now stick rigidly to Fairy non-bio as I know it wont aggravate it. The extra cost is more than made up for by the savings in Betnovate cream.

Also, I developed hayfever in my mid thirties – which was annoying.

edhornby

I developed an allergy to spinach a few years ago, really odd..

Jamie
    Free Member

24hr update from last night:

More annoyingly, shoulder still hurts from the injection several days after.

allthepies
    Free Member

Trimmed your fingernails ? 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

BEARD and GUNZ?

*explodes*

Jamie
    Free Member

Trimmed your fingernails ?

Well, after C-G bullied me, I felt I had to.

cinnamon_girl

😆

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Becoming allergic to stuff as you get older?’ is closed to new replies.