Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Becoming a cycle instructor…
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i'm getting a big saddened by reading about cyclists getting killed in London – two within a week recently – and it got wondering if there anything i can do about it. Has anyone ever thought about, or already become a cycle instructor for those bikeability courses?? experiences?

i'm not sure if this is realisticly something i can do whilst having another job, although its quite quiet at the moment so some unpaid leave occasionaly might be possible.

Trekster
    trailmonkey

Don't bother. It's a noble proffesion but it's really hard to make it pay and Local Authorities take the p155 because they know that people really want to do the work. I'm pretty sure that there will be huge spending cutbacks in cycle training too.
    I did it for a couple of years and got really fed up with it all and feel well out of it now.

qwerty
    Free Member

a very noble gesture but do it because you WANT to do it, not because you feel sad for dead cyclists

i think money could be made by getting large / rich / powerful City of London business to invest in offering training to their staff – you'd be paid a set sum by said company for offering X number of places for them to fill with their commuting staff

no one is "safe" out there but i think some of the most vunerable cyclists will be the most difficult ones to get trained

network

good luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Becoming a cycle instructor…’ is closed to new replies.