Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Beaver v Bonty x mud
  • matther01
    Free Member

After the poor off piste conditions today at cannock/brocton in places, finally ready to ditch all round tyres and go for proper winter jobs.

Hear good things about both but which is better (or any alternatives) and they would have to be TLR or UST 26″.

Cheers

robbieh
    Free Member

My Beavers are great in the slop they are wired 29ers and went up tubeless fine ghetto style on non tubeless rims, mud clears quickly too.

z1ppy

I’ve used mud-x in 26 flavour and currently have a rear Beaver 29er… I’m not sure there a huge amount between them to be fair, but would’ve waited for the 2.25 Beavers if I’d known (both mud-x and beaver 2.0 are very narrow)

toxicsoks
    Free Member

My Beavers are great in the slop

….. that just reads oh, so, very wrong…… 😉

robbieh
    Free Member

My Beavers are great in the slop
    ….. that just reads oh, so, very wrong……

Haha, that’s when they’re at their best…….

Stevelol
    Free Member

Mud X are ace but be careful if you run tubeless as the sidewalls are pretty weak. I’ve heard the same about beavers so be even more careful with those.

Klunk
    Free Member

are beavers an updated medusa ? they look very much like them. And if so have they cured the “snatchiness” in ruts

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Rode Mud X’s today and being on a 26 er , were faster than a 29 er on Beavers. Ask Robbie H 😉

sam_underhill

Beaver is more “wet conditions” than out and out mud tyre. So unless you ride in slop all the time, I reckon they are a good bet. Certainly better as an all round option compared to the medusa I’ve previously had on.

robbieh
    Free Member

Thrustyjust – Member

Rode Mud X’s today and being on a 26 er , were faster than a 29 er on Beavers. Ask Robbie H

oooh! nothing to do with ya being 20yrs younger then ya bitch 😆 so hurtful

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

oooh! nothing to do with ya being 20yrs younger then ya bitch so hurtful

Looks more like 40 , mind you 😛
    So in our ‘review’ of Beavers and X muds today. 29ers are slower with Beavers than 26 ers on Mud X’s. Age is but a number.

robbieh
    Free Member

I give up 🙄 but yeah, Beavers/29er are slower than MudX 26er with a very fit 40summat on board

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Beaver v Bonty x mud’ is closed to new replies.