Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Beautiful weather – anyone out?
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

Just got back. Despite having hardly ridden over the winter i set a PB on a little road loop. Sunny, blue skies, warm, great tail wind on the way back.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yes

kerv
    Free Member

Yep 45 mile loop around Brickhill woods and Millbrook/Marston Moretaine on the MTB. Lovely.

forge197
    Free Member

Was going too, out yesterday but at tail end of havng a cold, so i thought, relapse today and back with aches and temperature 🙁 so decided to sit out ride with mate today.

In better news got some nice sausages from the local farm shop and had a sandwich for lunch with some HP which was lovely. 🙂

fastindian
    Free Member

no, did mention I’d broken my foot……..oh, I did

moan, whinge, whine 🙁

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

50 mile reliability ride followed by cake and coffee and now off out on the MTB to play in the sunshine. 😀

trailmonkey

no 😥

running two ou courses back to back and working full time.

i worked out earlier that i haven’t spent more than an hour outdoors since new years day.

roll on may.

diablocableguy

Waiting for a train home after a ride through Ashton Court and Leigh Woods. Gert lovely day. 😉

singlecrack
    Free Member

No …… Decorating the boys room .
    Though I did get to FOD Friday so it’s ok

swiss01
    Free Member

so lovely i took my fat, stupid knee out for a gentle road ride. first time out in two months. now i’m packed in ice and feeling rather contented with life

meddle
    Free Member

Not been for about 2 weeks since I sold my bike, absolutely gorgeous here today and I get my new bike tomorrow 🙁 I’m on edge, I know the weather will be rubbish tomorrow and for a while after, bit of a shame but oh well. Summer soon we should have at least 3 nice days then.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

No. 🙁

This year I have ridden all through the winter to make those sunny days even better and what happens….

The first bloody sunny days we get and I get a stinking cold! Gutted.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

It was blowing a gale here in Fife, but dry and sunny, all was good until……

Klunk
    Free Member

walk with the Mrs this morning, roast chicken dinner in the garden in about half an hour.

iainc

day 6 of recovery from foot operation, 3 weeks min till I get on a bike….. 😥 bought loads online though ! 😆

stabilizers

50 mile hilly road ride. Sunny, warm(relatively) but blustery. A few dodgy moments with high speeds and crosswinds. None the less a great day.

MrOvershoot

mcmoonter – Member

It was blowing a gale here in Fife, but dry and sunny, all was good until……
    Ohh bet that made a bit of a bang?

Turner?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Just got back from chilterns, never seen it so busy.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Bit of a mixed bag it seems. I had a huge smile on my face on the way back – Chasing Rainbows came on my iPod and I still had legs to push. I ******* love cycling.

andyl
    Free Member

nice 3 1/2 hours out round the mendips. Got very muddy.

Klunk
    Free Member

roast chicken & charming spanish number was sublime 🙂

flip
    Free Member

40 miles on the road bike at 8.30 am, made 3 large wooden planters for the patio, just watched Columbo.

He got the boys who did it 😉

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Ohh bet that made a bit of a bang?

Turner?

The first side went with a crack, I thought it was two rock colliding. We rode another ten miles of so with a couple of fast descents. The second crack was indeed a bang, just after a flight of stairs.

Yep, it’s a Turner.

MrOvershoot

Just seen your other thread.

Top gnar to you, only snapped whole frames so far, oh hang on I have snapped the center link on a Mongoose Tacoli.

Hope you get it sorted.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Klunk – Member
    roast chicken & charming spanish number was sublime

What was her name?

simondbarnes

No sun in Lancashire 🙁
    Didn’t stop me heading out for 5 hours / 132km on the road bike though 🙂

robsoctane
    Free Member

Hamsterley forest for me and about 15 others together. Was so good! Sun out, trails mostly dry, I loved it!

anjs
    Free Member

Weeks holiday in Swaledale and the weather has been gorgous. Was just in a t shirt today.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Spent the day with the kids at the fantastic Cannon Hall Farm down Barnsley way; best adventure playground, pork pies and farm shop I know then watched Wiggins win Paris-Nice on catch up. A proper bo non cycling day I tell thee

Klunk
    Free Member

What was her name?

tempranillo

_tom_
    Free Member

Been at work today but just about to get out on the road bike in the evening sun 🙂

gusamc
    Free Member

yep, awesome

lots of cheeky, considerate horse riders, twerpt with a dog, some rather pleasant new cough paths, llama, turkey, guinea fowls, hordes of ramblers, blazing sun, still lots of puddles, a large number of ‘landowners or appointed factors thereof’ wishing me a good morning, blossoming plant life everywhere, so pleasnt that we stooped at the pub on the way back, a beer with my shirt sleeves rolled up and the sun blazing down – yahooooooooooooo

Rorschach
    Free Member

50 miles before work this morning (7.30 start!)

hilldodger
    Free Member

Freshly fettled bike, new tyres, short sleeves and dry dusty trails – plus a day off tomorrow for more of the same 😀

life can indeed be good !!

widge34
    Free Member

Yep. Nice 21 miler today around FOD

Militant_biker

First MTB ride in 3 months today. Picked a good day for it 🙂

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Really? Blowing a gale, overcast, dull and about 6 degrees (but dry) in central Scotland, although it has to be said a definite improvement! I would have been out if i wasn’t working @ 5am this morning! 🙁

theflatboy
    Free Member

i took the absolutely totally amazing, lovely new road bike for a 30 mile spin this morning. loved it!

mark90
    Free Member

Ashton Court and Leigh Woods. Gert lovely day.

+1

Rather busy on the main trails as the weather brought plenty of people out.

DWH
    Free Member

68km in the Peak District.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Beautiful weather – anyone out?’ is closed to new replies.