Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bearings on Hope Pro 3.
  • pbooker1995
    Free Member

Couple of question for all you lovely STW peaople.

1. Does it use the same bearings as a Pro 2? If not, what does it use?
    2. Can i get cheaper versions?
    3. Is it the same procedure as a Pro 2?

Thanks for all the help guys.

mugsys_m8

Ermm I did a Hope Pro3 rear hub form my road bike back in September.
    I don’t think it uses the same bearings as a Pro2. It was a bit of a faff finding the bearings and drifts. Some parts/ tools are the same such as freewheel pawls and seal sealing tool etc. I think I got a complete set of bearings form Merlin, but had to e-mail them to ensure it was a complete set including freewheel bearings as it wasn’t clear on the website. I do know I had to go to dif sources for the tools, and gave up trying to find a drive side spacer (the old one had cracked) and it is not the same as a pro2.

The whole process is the same, and the hope website has exploded diagrams with the required part nos.

So not much definite there, but should put you on the right road.

Anthony
    Free Member

Pro3 xc3, Pro3 road or Pro3 AM4?

1) No
    2) If you wish, but the genuine Hope ones are a good compromise of cost/longevity.
    3) Identical.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Aren’t Pro2 Evo’s bearings same as the Pro3s’? (stainless steel)

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Hub is a Hope Pro 3- SP4.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Think the freehub has a roller bearing in the inside rather than 2 sets of sealed bearings. I thought the evo hubs just used stainless bearings rather than chrome ball races?

coatesy
    Free Member

Best advice I can give is to speak to Hope in the morning, I’ve got a Pro 3 SP3 in pieces at the moment, 3 of it’s 5 bearings are licenced to Hope, so not easily available elsewhere, but i’m pretty sure the SP 4 version has different bearings to this, sharing the same as either the Pro 2 or Pro2 Evo, but not sure which.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bearings on Hope Pro 3.’ is closed to new replies.