Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bearing size for Cane Creek ZS 44 / ZS 56 standard headset?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I need to replace the headset bearings in my Commencal Meta AM. I cant read the dimensions on the old pair, but I think they are ZS 44 / ZS 56.

Anyone know the actual dimensions so I can order from a local bearing supplier?

thanks

tthew

Coincidently I bought a pair for one of my headsets just this week. I don’t think they are standard sizes, and on the new ones there certainly weren’t any type numbers printed on them. Official Cane Creek ones are not too expensive, although I bought them from Chain Reaction, this SJS page helped me work out which ones I needed.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Wow, not cheap. Also, I cant see 44mm or 56mm choices on that page, but I’m an idiot when it comes to bearing sizes!

tthew

Cheaper than a whole new headset, although I suppose if you have to buy two sets for a tapered steerer, that’s going to make it pricey. You’re going to have to remove the old ones to measure properly. 44 and 56 might be the outer diameter of the headset cups maybe.

benpinnick

There are a few places that split the bulk packs and sell them much cheaper in pairs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bearing size for Cane Creek ZS 44 / ZS 56 standard headset?’ is closed to new replies.