Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bearing replacement alternatives ..?
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

hi all, it’s time to replace the bearings on my Norco Sight Killer B 3 from 2013. I got it from Evans (I know, I know) and it seems there is an array of bearing I need , all priced separately rather than just one bearing ‘kit’ for the whole frame. It’s pretty punchy when I total up the price , around £100. This includes bolts which I don’t need, but I’m not really even sure it would cover all the different pivots.

Does that sound about right ? Are there alternative bearing shops ? I imagine a website where you search for bike by model and they send you the whole kit (just bearings) Sorry to ask , it’s my first full suss since a pro flex 857 😀

sam_underhill

If you know the sizes of all the bearings, drop katec on eBay an email. Seem like good bearings so far (and good pricing) when I replaced all 10 on the Mrs’s trek.

coatesy
    Free Member

Probably worth checking out Ka-tec for just the bearings.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

thanks for the answers. next question is how do i find out the size? undo the bolts an take a look? are the sizes written on them? thats three questions sorry

GolfChick
    Free Member

generally the sizes of the bearings are written on them yes on the rubber seal sections of them. Quite often if you google the answer someone else has noted what the sizes all are depending generally on the bike in question, when i google Lapierre zesty I quickly got the right sizes. I stripped my shock off the other day to check my bearings and all 8 were buggered. Luckily Im the original owner so all my bearing replacements are free. I really should take more advantage of thatand get em changed every six months instead of every year!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

ok thanks i had googled but no joy at all. just links to Evans page. Have sent an email to Ka-tec and tweeted norco so we’ll see. many thanks

fingerbang
    Free Member

Hi mate, here is a good guide re where to measure your bearing and the corresponding ‘name’ of bearing (608 2rs etc)

http://www.rapidracerproducts.com/BPET.htm

sam_underhill

Norco or Evans must have techincal drawing / list of part numbers or specs for the bearings. I’ve found evans customer service quite helpful in the past if you give them a call.

phil56

I’ve used Q Bikes off Ebay in the past – found them really helpful and knowledgeable. They sell bearing kits for lots of bikes, although not sure if that would include Norco.
    Their seller name on Ebay is Qbikes88

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Great thank all!

lornholio
    Free Member

I ordered some new bearings from http://rullabearings.com (well, his eBay shop actually) last Monday and they arrived on Wednesday. Seem like quality bearings (same supplier as some big name bike brands use according to their literature), £4.20 apiece and a nice guy. Would use again.

vincienup
    Free Member

Plus one for Katec. Bearings and service are great.

Surprised you can’t dig up bearing specs though.

deadkenny
    Free Member

http://simplybearings.co.uk/

Cheap, next day delivery generally. Does branded and unbranded stuff of all kinds of sizes.

katec has a good range also and he claims to make them all extra special with repacking of “better” grease and stuff. Though not sure he does it to all (e.g. Enduro bearings come in their sealed wrappers).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bearing replacement alternatives ..?’ is closed to new replies.