Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bearing removal tools
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

I am done with using sockets to remove bearings and am wondering what kits people would recommend? It will be for frame bearings and wheel bearings.

Thanks

trail_rat
    Free Member

if hope hubs – the hope kit is very good – although if you havea few hubs it can get pricy quick.

if a santa cruz – i can vouch forthe santa cruz kit being very good as well…

the kit intense sells is utter garbage though.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Does it have to be a bike specific kit? I get the feeling that bike companies charge a heck of a premium for this sort of thing.

The hubs are east on but have the same bearings as hope.

trail_rat
    Free Member

not really , but the hope kit is most excellent (but realistically its just nylon faced sockets for all intents and purposes..but with a bigger face so you dont load one race of the bearings at a time. )

what frame is it ? still your anthem ?

munrobiker
    Free Member

No, this is for a specialized. Frame is new, but I don’t want to use hammer and sockets on it.

creamegg
    Free Member

the hope ones are not even nylon faced. Theres one hub support but the rest are just aluminium presses. Anyone with a lathe could knock them up. I don’t have a lathe so I bought the Hope set- much easier than using a socket set

munrobiker
    Free Member

What about a kit like this (although probably higher quality).

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/261479501953

fasthaggis

As creamegg said ,a few minutes with a vernier and a lathe,done.
    Find someone with a lathe,take biscuits,cash or alcohol.

Northwind

If you don’t like hammer and sockets, I can highly recommend threaded bar and sockets 😉 Really most bearing tools are a variation on those 2 themes, except for blind pullers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bearing removal tools’ is closed to new replies.