Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bearing codes for an 06 Epic ?
  • PikeBN14
    Free Member

Anyone know the codes for the 8 bearings so I can order some up before I strip my bike?

Trying to minimise downtime!! 😀

Onzadog
    Free Member

Google the owners manual. I did for the wife's 2006 stumpy fsr and they were ll in there. Failing that, order the Enduro bearing kit from CRC and let someone else work out what the number are.

Watch out for the HL pivot bearings; they can be a bugger to remove

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Thanks for that.

I know you can get the bearing sets but wanted a bit more control over quality.

I'll do some more searching. If only there was a bearing reference site, but as most people are trying to make money out of it it's a closely guarded secret!

takisawa2

US Spesh site…

CLICK

Onzadog
    Free Member

I like MAX type full complement bearings for pivots as they have a greater load capacity and more balls than a normal bearing designed for high speed rotation. I like the enduro ones because they use a good quality thick grease in there knowing full well, the bearings will never get up to speed. It's what I put on the wife's bike.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

takisawa2 – Member
    US Spesh site…

CLICK

Spot on! Thanks.

stumpyjon

The full complement bearings seem a little difficult to get hold of. Couldn't find them on Ebay and my local bearing shop wasn't a lot of help either. First thing I'm going to do with the ones I've just bought is pack them with proper grease.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bearing codes for an 06 Epic ?’ is closed to new replies.