Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bearing buying advice
  • trailmonkey

I need to change the bearings in my suspension linkage. Should I insist on a certain brand ( SKF or other ) or are generic cartridges good enough as long as they’re the right size ?

Any hints on best places to buy from appreciated too.

TIA.

nickc

Like most things, I suspect you get what you pay for. I’ve pretty much always found that whatever bearings I’ve bought after-market will almost always be better than the stock factory fitted item. Mostly I suspect because the buyer in the factory is looking for an item that will meet the lowest specification at the lowest price. I wouldn’t necessarily insist on SKF, but if you contact a bearing shop, and tell them what you’re going to use it for, they’ll normally steer you right.

AndyA
    Free Member

Apparently for use in suspension, full/max compliment bearings are the way to go. They have no cage in them, leaving more room for more ball bearings. This is meant to be better for high load/less rotation applications like bike suspension and they should last longer.
    I’m hoping all of this is true, as i just spent £40 getting Enduro Max bearings from BETD, instead of paying £12 getting standard bearings on Ebay. Time will tell.

trailmonkey

Thanks folks. Kit ordered from BETD.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bearing buying advice’ is closed to new replies.