Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Beard Trimmer
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Currently using this battery powered panasonic but doesn’t seem to be working so well now (a couple of years old).

I use it on the shortest ‘3’ setting for a very short beard.

Any advice on something more effective.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Wahl outlet on eBay. £10 for a mint clipper

wrecker
    Free Member

The integral battery in my wahl was shit. Ended up needing two charges to complete one shave. Didn’t buy wahl this time.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I have a very long beard at the moment due to both abject poverty and the lack of a functional trimmer, I shall follow this thread with great interest.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I use a Phillips one, its very good and i was told it had good reviews when i was brought it . .

does a good job – i’m more stubble than beard though . . .

Philips QT4090/32 Black Pro Stubble Trimmer with Turbo Vacuum and Additional Stubble Comb

andyl
    Free Member

I’ve got the Philips QT4090 too. For stubble it’s very good and the pick up is very effective.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

So bought the Philips. Bulky thing but cuts way better than the Panasonic. Too well in fact – naively assumed the setting 3 would be the same as 3 on the other but way shorter.

somafunk

I bought the Babyliss istubble thinking as it got good reviews it would be the best but it’s not – it’s a plastic coated turd disguised as a beard trimmer, it’s perhaps a good beard trimmer if you’re a 14 yr old prepubescent child with 3 wispy hairs growing out of your chin but it can’t handle proper manly stubble. I much prefer using a set of decent hair clippers without any plastic guides set on the lowest setting.

The babyliss is one of those products that you think will make your life easier but in fact turns a simple 5 min job into a 15 min tedious task, utter crap!.

gonzy
    Free Member

recently decided to join the furry face brigade so i’ll be watching this thread with interest for a good recommendation…. 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

I have a cheapo Wahl one which does the trick. However, the correct answer is “grow a bigger beard”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Beard Trimmer’ is closed to new replies.