Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Beach riding….east coast UK
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden any decent lengths of UK beaches on the East Coast of the U.K.? My mate and me are planning to do an out and back around 18 miles each way. Peddars Way area looks possible but Google shows large swathes of marshland/tidal area so would entail heading back inland onto the Peddars Way.
    I’d welcome other decent stretches in the UK in England or Wales but ideally within 3hr drive of Midlands.

sandboy

The Peddars Way will take you up to Holme on the North Norfolk coast and you are able to ride along the beach to Thornham but then have to ride on the road around the harbour inlet. It is easy to get back on the beach where you can then ride to Brancaster where you will need to do the same. Again at Burnham and at Wells. It is stunning and well wort the effort. The pinewoods or dunes at Holkham make a great place to bivvy up for the night.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Thanks for that sandboy, I’ve walked from Holkham round to Wells and its this that made me think of a good long beach ride…my mate will be on his Fatboy I’ll just be on 2.4/2.35 tyres on the waterline so as not to sink 😆
    Previously rode a long stretch (pushed a short length) down beyond Southwold travelling North with no problems so I know barring deep loose gravel banks I’ll be fine.

sandboy

Got my Fatty about 3 weeks ago and most of my rides have been along the coast. The dunes at Brancaster and Burnham Overy are great fun, steep with deep loose sand! Makes me feel like a kid again

Suggsey
    Free Member

Lovely part of the country, I’ve told MrsS that if ever we move that way I’ll sell all the other bikes ( well nearly all) and just have my main bike as a Fatty. I could ride for hours along the shore I find it as therapeutic as the mountains!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Beach riding….east coast UK’ is closed to new replies.