Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • "Be Nice to Nettles" Week
  • Esme
    Free Member
    wwaswas

just as soon as they’re nice to me!

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve said it before, and will say it again – I’ll be nice to nettles when they’re nice to me.

Bah – beaten to it by spending time checking out the link!

nedrapier

anyone remember that jaw-dropping personal account of erotic nettle use on here?

still not really recovered from reading that.

z1ppy

To many it is a troublesome weed that should be eradicated wherever it is found

Eh? Does anyone really have this view of stinging nettles? To me from my youth, they and dock-leaves, are as British as elevenses, tea & cake… etc etc

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

aaaaohhhh crap – piqued by nedrapier’s comment i just googled “erotic nettle use”. never found anything, and now I’ hoping our IT bods don’t pick up on this

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

About the only thing they’re good for.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Butterflies need nettles

nedrapier

Honestly, BBSB, you’re better off not finding it!

😯

nedrapier

having said that, “nettles pants” in google gets you there or somewhere similar.

juan
    Free Member

CFH is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo wrong.
    I use nettle in my cooking and it’s absolutely fabulous.

ahwiles
    Free Member

nettle tea is good.

and they’re a tasty alternative to spinach in curry…

Bunnyhop

I’ve planted nettles in my garden to encourage moths and butterflies.
    Also I use the leaves (mixed with water) to make a homemade tomato plant food.

aracer
    Free Member

Does anyone really have this view of stinging nettles?

I ceertainly wouldn’t advocate eradicating them everywhere (for reasons given above), but have been known to go out on my local footpaths with some weedkiller, so maybe that’s where the idea comes that some people want to wipe them out completely.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’ve planted nettles in my garden to encourage moths and butterflies.
    I’ve planted buddleias for that.
    If only I’d known about your lack of nettles before, you could have come round and had mine.
    I’ve also got some bindweed and brambles free to a good home if you’re interested?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

CFH is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo wrong.

No I don’t think he is. I really don’t think he is.

He’s talking about a beer what is made out of nettles.

A beer made from nettles.

Do you know what this means???

Be nice to nettles, people.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Butterflies need nettles

Do butterflies have penile dysfunction issues then ?

Or are they just randy feckers who enjoy shagging plants which make their knobs throb ?

nbt

Aww, I was thinking this was about IHateNettles or IHN as he’s known now

philconsequence
    Free Member

somebody must be able to link to the original erotic nettle thread? me and yeti are intrigued, for research purposes only mind you.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member
    philconsequence
    Free Member

why does the web address indicate that’s in some kinda jokes folder…? seems like good advice, the skin peeling off your penis sounds completely sensible. 😐

Northwind

Nettles are fine in their place- specifically that place is not beside my trails, and not on my knob.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the skin peeling off your penis sounds completely sensible

You got that far ? ……….you obviously take a keen interest on how you can enjoy an enhanced sexual experience with the use of stinging nettles.

philconsequence
    Free Member

read the whole thing 🙂

Seen worse… but what goes on tour, stays on tour.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Here you go phil, you can grow your own :

Stinging Nettle: 200 Seeds. Price:£1.59

CountZero

While I recognise the benefits of nettles as a foodstuff for lepidoptera, this is the best answer for nettles:

allthepies
    Free Member

The worst I’ve experienced were on the Isle of Wight which I conclude must be the Alcatraz for nettles.

speckledbob
    Free Member

I heard somewhere that nettle stings can prevent you getting arthtritis in later life. Could it be true?

The stings always seem stronger this time of year.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Out on Wednesday night and due to a small navigation error (by me), we got stung to hell down a very narrow nettled lined path. Texted round in the morning as I could still feel the “zing”. Everyone said they too could still feel the gits and one of the lads said it was that bad it kept him awake all night 🙂 guess I wont be navigating next week.

molgrips
    Free Member

You do get used to the stings, so perhaps we are all desensitized after the winter.

I once spectacularly crashed off the trail down a bank landing upside down in a thicket of brambles and nettles. I knew that there was no getting out carefully so I took advantage of adrenaline and immediately tore myself free before any pain set in. Much of my body looked like the surface of a naan bread that evening.

Bunnyhop

I’ve also got some bindweed and brambles free to a good home if you’re interested?

Got the dreaded bindweed too, luckily got rid of the brambles when we first moved in.

I like nettle tea, but haven’t been brave enough to make my own.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Roman soldiers used to thrash themselves with bunches of nettles to beat the cold. That’s why they brought them here with them. Hard bastards.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You mean soft eye-ties. If they were that hard, they wouldn’t have been bothered about a bit of cold.

EDIT : And they had hot baths too…….bunch of soft gits.

samuri
    Free Member

My browser must be substituting ‘Nettles’ for ‘Black Mamba’s’ or something.

If we’re talking about the common green plant that carries a light stinging action then I must admit I’m confused. That buzz is pretty pleasant isn’t it? You know you’ve been stung but it’s not painful or anything. Unless everyone here is a Jessie and that’s not true in any way is it?

As far as the Arthritis thing goes you’re right. Chap round our way rolls in nettles in his trunks. He does have a whisky afterwards though. Swears they sort him out for months.

IanMunro
    Free Member

That’s because you’ve only experienced weak insipid northern ones.
    The potency of the sting is directly proportional to the amount of sunlight a nettle receives and inversely proportional to the rain that falls on it.
    Hence your confused state.
    If you were to touch a southern one, you’d probably die of anaphylactic shock in 30 seconds.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘"Be Nice to Nettles" Week’ is closed to new replies.