Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Decent B&B's in Workington?
  • LardLover
    Free Member

I’m doing Sustrans C2C in a day in May and I need a decent B&B in Workington.

Does anyone have any recommendations, ideally not with a local disco at the weekend?

Killer breakfasts a must! as is secure bike storage (not unless I can keep my bike in my room).

Cheers

vim_fuego
    Free Member

I’m local but can’t say I’ve heard of anywhere decent in Workington. There’s one a few miles up the road where the breakfast is described as “pig on a plate”, in a good way that is. But you might not want to add any extra miles to your day.
    RIVERSIDE B&B
    Bed & Breakfast Accommodation – Maryport
    Tel: 01900 813 595

LardLover
    Free Member

Cheers Vim, I don’t mind a couple of extra miles, in the grand scheme of things.

I was looking at the Waverley Hotel, do you know it??

vim_fuego
    Free Member

Take you mean the Waverley in Workington, been in there for functions, so it might be noisy of a weekend, but haven’t heard what the accommodation is like.
    I’ll enquire at work tomorrow if I remember and post back on here.
    There is the Morven at Siddick which would be handy for you, but you will probably get your first puncture on the doorstep, and whilst repairing said puncture, mugged, raped and your bike stolen. Oh, and whilst your there look out for the big lass with a tray of Foster’s in a pushchair coming from the supermarket;-)

LardLover
    Free Member

Morven sounds nice vim……… 😯

Might give that one a miss. I’m thinking stay outside of Workington then cycle to the start in the morning (no offence – from the guy from Ashington).

Anything north of Workington?

Thanks for your help btw 😉

senorj

The Waverly is “ok”.
    Alot of contractors and the like use it during the week.decent food.
    Cumberland arms is also just “ok”. and nearer the Dock & train station.
    Bus tours use it as an overnight.

There is one up on “banklands” , you’d have to google it.
    I can’t think of the name.

Have fun.

vim_fuego
    Free Member

lardlover, I asked about at work today, no one had any recommendations, just confirmed what senorj said. Would think the Waverley would be good enough for a one nighter, as long as there wasn’t a big function on.
    Or, if you stayed at Riverside, Maryport, it’s only a couple of mile to pick the c2c up at Camerton or Great Broughton, then your on your way.
    Just heard about Hall Park, on Hall Brow, apparently a lot of reps stay there without complaint.
    The Hall Park Hotel, Workington
    23 Carlton Road, Workington , CA14 4BX
    01900 604 456

TomB

The Melbreak? No personal experience but seems popular. Not in W’ton itself, but on the bypass a few miles outside.
    see here

HendyTreker
    Free Member

Try here as well:
    http://www.hunday-manor-hotel.co.uk/hotel_1.php

Mate of mine had his wedding there, was quite nice, Just a few miles outside of Workington as well, just up the road from the Melbreak Hotel

LardLover
    Free Member

Cheers chaps, much appreciate the help.

😉

donald
    Free Member

My girlfriend is from Workinton and she recommends you stay in Tunis.

senorj

My girlfriend is from Workinton and she recommends you stay in Tunis.

ha. 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Decent B&B's in Workington?’ is closed to new replies.