Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BBC Panorama : The mystery of the unknown man
  • somafunk

Did anyone else watch this last night?…..

It was talked about at work earlier today so i got home t’night and watched it with disgust as my lips began to curl and my piss began to boil.

How can any child/adult treat their own parent like that and get away with it?, how can the american care system seemingly not give a toss about the deterioration in his condition after being transferred from his seemingly idyllic care home in this country to his current position under US care?.

Piss boiled over everywhere, and at this moment i could very happily extract a world of pain from his son who dumped his Dementia afflicted father in this country.

aracer
    Free Member

Piss boiled over everywhere, and at this moment i could very happily extract a world of pain from his son who dumped his Dementia afflicted father in this country.

The irony is that had his identity never been discovered, it appears he’d have done his dad a favour

jambalaya
    Free Member

@soma neither the Democrats or the Republicans seek to introduce universal healthcare as we know it. You are quite right about the family, quite extra-ordinary behaviour

somafunk

Putting aside that scum of a son who has obviously defrauded his father out of all monetary wealth I cannot fathom how the American care system cannot offer a standard of care consumerate to the level of commitment that Roger (the father) who has by all accounts looked after others throughout all his working life as a nurse whilst paying taxes to the US government.

To quote Renton (somewhat glib reference to trainspotting)………

Its a shite state of affairs to be in

🙁

frankconway

Son and wife should be shot with shit.
    Desperately sorry for Roger; as above, might have been better if his identity had remained unknown.

globalti
    Free Member

Yes I watched it with my wife and son. As the presenter said, parent-dumping is not uncommon in the USA. In this sorry case it was no different from health tourism and that’s a topical subject at the moment.

T1000
    Free Member

Truly a gross way to treat an elderly person and a poor outcome for Roger.

Are they going to attempt to recover the costs from the scumbag son? He has stolen from the council tax payers and reduced / prevented the access to care for some of the most vulnerable people in society.

Surely he’s guilty of immigration offences as well?

wilburt
    Free Member

There was an intresting R4 prog the other day. Life expectancy in the UK is mediocre for developed country with Norway(why are rhey top of everything?)and Japan the best.
    USA has one of the lowest life expecancies of any developed country but the highest spend per person on health.

There was a point made that inequality in a society appears is strongly linked to poor health outcomes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BBC Panorama : The mystery of the unknown man’ is closed to new replies.