Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • BBC news
  • Drac

High earning GPs usually run dispensing practices which are effectively pharmacies as well as GP surgeries.
    More than half of GP partners earned less than £100,000, the report shows.
    Salaried GPs, who are paid a fixed wage for their work and do not own a stake in the practice are usually paid less because they are more likely to work part time.
    For salaried GPs, the UK average income before tax in 2010/11 was £57,600, compared to £58,000 in 2009/10.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

All the GPs I know are partners and dispensing, salaried GPs must be a tad peeved.

towzer

http://www.hscic.gov.uk/catalogue/PUB14924/gp-earn-ex-1213-rep.pdf

*in a nutshell see Drac figures above

You need to consider:
    – overall package
    – how money paid (employee paye, dividends, ‘expenses’ etc etc) as that varies take home massively

Drac

All the GPs I know are partners and dispensing, salaried GPs must be a tad peeved.

Why? They can become partners too in time if they want.

jimw
    Free Member

Those figures in the Telegraph are from 2012.
    There were 65100 GP’s registered in December 2014, so 700 is 1.1% earning over £200k. I very much doubt if even that is true in 2015.
    The report in the Telegraph states that Fewer than half earned £100k so I think the ‘source’ you quoted oldmanmtb doesn’t support your assertion that “MOST partners earn more than £150k”

jimw
    Free Member

Sorry, I took the total number of registered GP’s, not the number who filed tax returns, so it appears from the report Drac linked that there were 47000 gp’s working makes it 1.5% earning over £200k rather than 1.1%.
    Need to do more thorough research 🙂

Drac

0% Are salaried like the person first mentioned in the original post. I’m not sure what the OP’s point was.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I get £7 to work hard, drink tea and listen to the radio.

I reckon most life saving professions are worth at least 5* that.

But then if you know what some construction & event management industry bods charge per day rate, perhaps 10* would be more sufficient for GP’s etc…

Not for sitting in a Hilux looking at a map for 250 a day.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘BBC news’ is closed to new replies.