Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • BBC iplayer / ITV Player on Hudl 2???
  • bonzodog
    Free Member

Any hudl 2 owners out there who can help me?

Cant download the app cos it says the iplayer is not available in my country???

Odd seen as though Im in the UK and can watch it on my laptop.

Note: I confess to being a technophobe, so please go easy on me 😳

Cougar

Are you going through home Wifi? Does it work on other devices?

bonzodog
    Free Member

Yes, on home wifi & yes I can watch on my tv (thru Blu-ray player} or on lappie 😐

Cougar

God knows, then.

As far as I’m aware, iPlayer geolocates based on IP address. Your external address on all your devices has to be the same as they’re all one device, your Internet router. The best I’ve got is “are you sure”?

Cougar

Oh, wait,

Are you using Opera Mini? That filters net traffic through its own servers and might well throw out geolocation. Try a different browser?

bonzodog
    Free Member

Thanks for that Cougar.

Im afraid Ill have to play that ‘technophobe’ card early.

I don’t know what Opera Mini is 😳

If its a browser, Ive tried with Google & Chrome.

Ill dig around & check the IP addy is the same.

Sorry, just bought it & switched it on – thought it would all fall into place. Oh the naivety.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Have you got location reporting turned on in your settings, Google play will need to know where you are in order to start the download.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im hoping my Hudl2 arrives tomorrow. I shall post up a walkthrough on getting iPlayer on there if you havent sorted it by then.

And, following this ^, have you set up a brand new google account or using a pre-existing one?

2bit

We installed iplayer on a hudl 2 yesterday via playstore no problem.

It didn’t ask for any geo info & when I check the recent location app requests it doesn’t list any……..

superfli
    Free Member

Both ITV player and iPlayer work fine on my hudl2.
    IPlayer needed to install a media player too.

onehundredthidiot

Worked straight away through play store, for me.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Have you got location reporting turned on in your settings, Google play will need to know where you are in order to start the download.

I think this is the problem.

Its says my ‘location reporting’ is not available in Isle of Man (which is where I am) 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

have you got gps turned on? It should be able to report location from that if it cant get a geolocation from your Wifi connection.

nickjb
    Free Member

If you open Google maps it should go to where it thinks you are.

You should be able to turn location on from settings. As above try using GPS but network should be enough.

Settings is a little cog and location is an upside down teardrop if they aren’t labelled.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Sorted!

I cant tell you why it didn’t work, but my kids (who are pretty handy with tech) couldn’t work it out either.

My lads mate somehow sorted it to download the iplayer & itv player apps on a VPN

In the words of Ultravox – it means nothing to me.

Thanks for your help anyhow chaps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘BBC iplayer / ITV Player on Hudl 2???’ is closed to new replies.