Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • BBC bias.
  • mrmo
    Free Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/aug/19/iain-duncan-smith-bias-bbc

I am sure i have read labour also complaining about BBC bias. So i guess that means the BBC is biased against most mainstream political parties then?

I suppose that is what it means to be unbiased?

Or am i missing something?

Klunk
    Free Member

bbc get added to the list of people to blame for our economic woes.

project
    Free Member

Somebody give Gorehound a shake please.

trailmonkey

i agree that there is bias in bbc reporting.

the invisibility of any opinion that lies outside of the neo-liberal consensus couldn’t be labeled as anything else.

kimbers

I didnt see flanders talking about it but i read the article and thought it was balanced and reasonable

it smacks of IDS just wanting the bbc to report whatever statement his office release

uselesshippy
    Free Member

And here we go again. 😀

project
    Free Member

IDS, just wants some media attention, his turn this week, somebody else with trollistic views next week, probably hague about assange, or the pope about whats happening in scotlandshire.

It all helps sell the daily rubbish papers.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Having reaad the article I thought he had apoint tbh7
    Then I thought of GO who blames labour and the Euro one for our economy but I feel certain if it was working he would be taking the credit.
    Perhaps if the govt did not do the same he would have more of a point?

BBC is impartial form a western liberal bias

hamishthecat
    Free Member

The Mail running a story about BBC bias 😆

Edukator
    Free Member

I had a week of BBC’s biased, depressing dirge that passes for news recently, it was most refreshing to get back to TF1 and 20 minutes of people enjoying the heat wave before 5 minutes of depressing international stuff then back to the heat wave.

On the basis of a week’s viewing I agree with Iain D-C. As a euro-zone habitant I’d add a complaint of xenophobia and unjustified dissing of mainland Europe’s ecomomy as well as the UK’s.

RustySpanner

Edukator – Member

I had a week of BBC’s biased, depressing dirge

Could be worse, we’ve had nearly three years of yours. 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

More the Gaurdian is running a Daily Mail Story about BBC bias

Is there nothing going on over there! Looks like Journo’s trying to pedal crap to keep themselves in a job!! Lazy f’ers

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I would have thought that any government would perceive the BBC to be biased against them. Its simple, bad news and negative comments gets more headlines and hence more viewers. So media tends to reflect that. Hence Labour, lib Dems and Tories all perceive the BBC to be biased at some point.

The BBC has traditionally been to the left of where most Tories would position themselves but IMO today that is more perceived that real. FWIW, Flanders seems pretty straight to me in her economic coverage and hard to see any specific or consistent bias. IDS should consisder her coverage of the GDP data where she was quick to highlight the fact that this was more statistical noise than anything else. So if anything she was sympathising with the current government, especially when large parts of the rest of the media chose the news to dish the government. Ditto her current coverage of the difference between the labour market and the output data is hardly riddled with bias although I would consider it to be marginally supportive of the Government if anything.

CaptJon
    Free Member

I guess the Tories got fed up of Gove and playing fields filling the news.

Edukator
    Free Member

Longer than that if you count pre-hack pseudos, Rusty. 8) My best/worst rants on the Net were inspired by BBC bias in the run up to Gulf War II – not enough Hans Blix and too much Blying, Bushing and implausible plausible threat.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

The public funded broadcaster should be critical of the government, the BBC is without doubt biased towards the left, it must be have been very disappointed with the BLIAR.
    This bias is not necessarily a bad thing, I cannot imagine a right wing bbc producing the quality of documentary or drama.

I am at a loss as to why there has been very little fuss from them regarding the recent killings in south africa.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

The BBC is shocking and people don’t even see it. Why do you think they have reported NO negative stories about the Olympic opening ceremony/budget/royal family involvement? EVERYONE who I speak to feels sick about the way many things have happened recently yet you see none of that. The BBC is pro-London, pro-royal nonsense and I hate every aspect of that.

allthepies
    Free Member

Well Flanders can list both Ed Balls and Ed Milliband as ex boyfriends, perhaps she still holds a torch for one or both. 🙂

THM – another scorcher today, rode Hankley Common this morning and was sure I saw a mirage.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I did not know that about Flanders ATP 😉 – quite a mixed background then!! Bits would suggest a RW bias, others a LW one. So probably more balanced in the end. Odd dress sense though!

I cant see why women would go for Balls or Milliband but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder! But she seems to have a strong male following!!

{ATP, I left it till late yesterday before popping out on SHills. Mirages are quite common on Hankley and Thursley. Must have been sandy there. Are you doing XC rides there or have you found secret trails?]

IanMunro
    Free Member

The BBC is shocking and people don’t even see it. Why do you think they have reported NO negative stories about the Olympic opening ceremony/budget/royal family involvement? EVERYONE who I speak to feels sick about the way many things have happened recently yet you see none of that. The BBC is pro-London, pro-royal nonsense and I hate every aspect of that.

I throw this out as a possibility, maybe you and your peers dislike of say London and the royal family may not be representative of the country as a whole. It might be and I might be the one living a delusion – certainly no one I know has expressed this sickening feeling. Of course I’m not representative of the country either. I have a relative who’s sick of all the darkies in the country, and no doubt has a group of friends who share similar views to him. No doubt there’s also peer groups who are sick of the lack of religous coverage, whilst other groups are sick of amount of religous coverage.
    I can’t really imagine how it could be any other way.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘BBC bias.’ is closed to new replies.