• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • BBC are axing the travel news site next month !!
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

How ridiculous. Millions of commuters must use this at least twice a day to check road and rail conditions. I certainly do.

Another disastrous error of judgement in a bid to cut costs. Yet Grimshaw et al still have jobs.

This country is going to shit.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ll leave the huffing and puffing to others, but here’s why:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/entries/68182816-070d-4600-9835-e83a4fadc13d

scotroutes

The BBC has a travel news site?

Seriously, I was not aware. I assume there are alternatives that are, perhaps, more locally focused?

njee20
    Free Member

Agreed. Not where I’d look. Particularly for rail updates.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How ridiculous. Millions of commuters must use this at least twice a day to check road and rail conditions. I certainly do.

Do they?

Google pops up a message every morning and again at 5pm telling me exactly how many minutes the journey takes and if another route would be quicker. I don’t thin I’ve used the BBC site in about 6 years!

donald
    Free Member

I’m afraid I didn’t know it existed.

frankconway

Derek – correction: this country has gone to shit.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I didnt know it existed …just as it didnt know that life outside the m25 existed..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Derek – correction: this country has gone to shit.

Yep, strikes, peadophiles, muslim terrorists, now this!

Drac

They’ve got a what?

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

first its the food section and receipes now the travel. Whatever next ? The weather followed by the news? I’m surprised they dont just put up a sign saying look at sky.com for more info

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Apparently not.

Drac

BBC Food stayed as they were millions who knew about and used it.

finbar
    Free Member

I really don’t think it’s the BBC to blame…

andybanks
    Free Member

I don’t see how it even comes close to what Google offers in Google Maps.

Plot your route and it will give you all the traffic news you need and it’s more accurate than anything the BBC can get.

mrhoppy

Didn’t know it existed, many other ways to get that info that do it better for any given route.

Pook

Oh well. It was/is rubbish.

Google all the way.

What pisses me off is the BBC travel announcements on the radio. They should always, without fail, start with the local motorway, even to say if it’s clear.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘BBC are axing the travel news site next month !!’ is closed to new replies.