Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • BBB rollerboys – is it just me or are they crap?
  • tomfun

Bought a pair to replace the worm ones on my X9 mech. 1 muddy ride and they have seized and require pulling apart and cleaning. I’m all up for regular bike maintenance but stripping down the derailleur and pulling apart the jockey wheels after every ride is just not going to happen. Has anybody any experience of the Aest CNC jockey wheels that creep up on eBay?

thepurist

It’s just you. No problems with them for me…. or is it just me that doesn’t have problems and they really *are* crap?

BadlyWiredDog

I stick some decent grease in the bearings before installation which helps.

wwaswas

As above, I always re-grease them before fitting but they seem to last well after that.

FOG

This has just happened to me. I have used the BBB jockey wheels before with no problems but one I recently installed has seized all ready. So I am with tomfun, what other alternatives are there without paying 3x the price and getting Hope?

simonbea
    Free Member

I’ve tried them once and was constantly pulling them apart to free them up. Pain in the arse in my experience

Northwind

I put a set in an X9 a long time back, they were a bit up and down… The outer shell could clog up with mud so they did need a bit of TLC, literally 2 minute’s work every few muddy rides. But other than that they were good, bearings lasted well, etc. Not sure I’d buy again.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

We’ve had problems with them in the sandy soil round here. They seem to work better in some types of mud than others, a bit like Hope Hubs. They need stripping a couple of times every winter when used locally.

bigjim

Same here, they just go solid after wet rides. Have a new mech to put on anyway now ‘spring’ is here and its so dusty and hot…

fasthaggis

I don’t grease jockey wheels,I just WD40 ,GT85 (or whatever spray oil is knocking about in the shed)them before every ride .

clubby

5 months on the fat bike used in sand and salt water without any problems.

mrlugz
    Free Member

I had bother with the BBB ones. Didn’t fit very well.

Since that Ive used the Aest ones of eBay. no issues to report, other than the little holes filling up with gunk.

And they look good too 🙂

AngusWells

Mine have seized too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘BBB rollerboys – is it just me or are they crap?’ is closed to new replies.