Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BB91 Press Fit for Specialized
  • mauja
    Free Member

Anyone know of a bike shop that has stock of BB91 press fit bottom brackets for a a Specialized Carbon Stumpjumper?

It's part number SM-BB91-42A (rather than the standard SM-BB91-41A that madison stock).

I know I can get a Specialized dealer to special order one in but was hoping to find somewhere that actually had them in stock.

xcstu
    Free Member

Used fatbirds.co.uk for mine…. but they seem to be out of stock at the moment ;-/

SC13NT1F1C
    Free Member

You should cantact Specialized about it, I have a freind who has the same frame and Specialized told him that if he doesnt fit Specialized parts they will not warranty his frame at all for any reason.

mattp
    Free Member

Mountain trax in wokingham replaced mine a couple of weeks ago – ordered from specialized on next day delivery. they will order in for you if you want to fit it yourself but it only cost me a tenner to fit it. not bad considering that the crank was seized in to the old bearing. i don't know why but none of the spesh dealers had stock. i've got an epic but it's the same part so you would have thought that they'd have stock…

xcstu
    Free Member

You should cantact Specialized about it, I have a freind who has the same frame and Specialized told him that if he doesnt fit Specialized parts they will not warranty his frame at all for any reason.

??? will not warranty his frame ??? Its not a specialized part… BB91 is a shimano bb

mattp
    Free Member

@xcstu – you can only buy it from spesh as it's got a custom sleeve..

mauja
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies is it a specialized custom part, although it's shimano you can't get it through Madisons only direct from Specialized.

The trouble is it sounds like specialized might be out of stock so that leaves anyone who needs one a bit stuck for options.

njee20
    Free Member

Bit daft of them, particularly as they're also out of the S-Works cranks for the long run, so now they're really scuppered!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BB91 Press Fit for Specialized’ is closed to new replies.