Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • BB91 2.5mm Spacer – Which Side ?
  • pacerc100
    Free Member

I am looking to fit some XT HTII cranks to a BB91 bottom bracket in a Specialized Carbon frame. I have the spacer and ring ( 9 and 10 in the pdf – see link below ) but does it matter if I put these on the drive or non drive side ?. Just wanted to know which was correct 🙂

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/BB/EV-SM-BB91-2987_v1_m56577569830682102.pdf

andyl
    Free Member

normally I would fit it to the driveside as that is the side where you would want to run something like a BB mount chain device in it’s place. Is your BB shell decinitely 73mm and thus only need one?

pacerc100
    Free Member

Andy, The shell on these carbon frames is around 80mm, only measured real quick but definitely larger than a 73mm. One spacer seems to do the trick, I guess go for drive side first and see how it goes. Cheers

andyl
    Free Member

ahh not paying attention. Press fit – yuck. Poor you!

No idea in that case but if they carry on the logic from the screw in type then it will be drive side if needed.

edit: normally the little multilingual instruction sheet you get with shimano stuff will say which side to put the spacer on normally. Failing that I’d wait to speak to specialized tomorrow.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Nah,poor YOU! Its like mocking someone that has just got ht2 on his bike when all you have is powerspline ;O)

Times move on.. read about why many bikes will go to press fit in the future. Its not just for ease of fitting in the factory.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘BB91 2.5mm Spacer – Which Side ?’ is closed to new replies.