Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • BB7 Problem
  • avdave2

I’m trying to fit a front BB7 and finding the inboard adjustment knob extremely stiff. The outboard one is easy enough to turn but the inner requires a vice like grip. Is it faulty or am I missing something?

Your help will be much appreciated.

cmyk
    Free Member

i have always found mine the same. the only way to do it is with gloves on.
    i have found it easier to reach through the spokes from the other side of the wheel.
    they do get a little easier after a few months!

avdave2

Thanks cmyk, I’m just about able to move it using gloves.

HTTP404
    Free Member

I’ve removed the pads and squirted wd40 into the caliper to wash out any grit, worked the adjuster back and forth, wiped clean and refitted pads.

avdave2

The brakes are new so there shouldn’t be any rubbish in there. May still be worth a try though. Anyway I’d better get back in the garage and try and stop them rubbing now!

Raouligan
    Free Member

If it’s one of the new models, ie black caliper you can adjust the inboard with an allan key.

avdave2

It’s the 2009 with the graphite finish. At least it was sold as a 2009.

avdave2

Raouligan just been out to check that and your spot on. Funny that the destructions or the SRAM video on youtube doesn’t mention that.

Thanks all I’ll be back when I get stuck again!

Raouligan
    Free Member

Had the same problem myself, then noticed the allan key hole, felt silly, then sorted it, glad to be of help ;0)

Farticus

It’s a quick job to whip the whole inboard side out of the caliper. I did this, cleaned it up & put a touch of copper slip on the thread before reassembly. Never given me a problem since in 3 years of winter abuse. and never contaminated a pad.

I’ve got the tool to do the outboard side but haven’t plucked up courage to attack it yet, not that it needs it.

avdave2

Well it’s up and running, with a slight hint of rub.I’ll ride it to work tomorrow and then go back to try and adjust it again.

epicyclo

I’ve got a long torx driver which I use for adjusting the inboard side of my BB7s.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘BB7 Problem’ is closed to new replies.