Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • BB30 converter recommendations?
  • slowjo
    Free Member

There seem to be plenty of options out there. I am looking at a converter for a road bike…are any of the options significantly better or worse than the rest? The price range seems to be enormous….under £20 for an FSA part to over £100 for a Rotor option.

As this will be a lightweight build I would prefer not to have something overtly industrial in weight but conversely, I don’t really want something that won’t be man enough for the job.

Given that is should be a simple sleeve, I can’t see that I’d need to spend masses….surely!

jobless
    Free Member

Praxis works

I have one on the cross bike. faultless so far.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Fsa BSA threaded sleeve. Then use whatever bb you choose.

eshershore
    Free Member

Had Praxxis on my road bike (BB30 running Shimano HT2 cranks) and mountain bike (PF30 running Shimano HT2 cranks)

both have been a big improvement on the original BB30 bearings and PF30 SRAM BB, although I had to change cranks which was not cheap

and from time to time remove the crankset on each bike, and regrease the crank axle as its “metal on metal” contact between the Praxxis’s Enduro bearing and Shimano crank axle, which can lead to occasional creaking.

I’d also recommend popping the shields off the bearings when new, and packing some waterproof bike grease or PM600 in there.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eory8iw2BqU&spfreload=10[/video]

I fancy the Praxis option next spring. I’ll go through winter with my BB30 FSA Gossamer crankset.

slowjo
    Free Member

It all sounds good to me. A lot cheaper than new cranks! Hopefully no creaking either!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘BB30 converter recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.