Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BB30 – Circlip?
  • atparry

How necessary is it to install the circlips prior to placing the bearings into the frame?
    When I removed the previous bearings it didnt look like there was a circlip in there – Cannondale Flash – FSA cranks.

Oh and can you get cheap bearings from elsewhere – esp ceramic ones/

Ta

LLOYDSTEVENS
    Free Member

You should really have the circlips in the bb shell otherwise the bearings may move in the shell.
    I got my last bb30 bearings from http://www.qwertycycles.co.uk seem to be ok

ratherbeintobago

In theory, any 61806-2RS bearing should work, and will be a lot cheaper from an industrial bearing supplier than if you buy ‘bike-specific’ ones. You might have to buy 50 though…

You should be able to feel the circlip inside the BB shell on each side – doesn’t sit very proud of the shell surface, IIRC. If they’re not there, the bearings won’t have anything to stop them being pressed in too far.

Andy

LS
    Free Member

Is it an aluminium Flash or a carbon one? The carbon ones don’t need circlips.

rootes1

a number of industrial bearing suppliers do singles on ebay

atparry

THe frame is a carbon flash – whihc might explain their absence.

Yes I have found suitable industrial bearings supplier, that provide both bearings and circlips.

Any ideas what size the headset bearings are – left headset/fork that is??

thanks
    AP

LS
    Free Member

B543 2RS I think

LLOYDSTEVENS
    Free Member

You have got me interested now ATPARRY, what kind of price have you found the bb30 bearings for?

Headset bearing for the Lefty R543DDX1 £23 inc Delivery is the best I have found at this place. Used them a couple of times been quick service so far.

Bearings

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BB30 – Circlip?’ is closed to new replies.