Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • BB Help and advice
  • fozzyuk

I have a truativ powerspline BB that’s begun to creek away.

Question is do I go £15 for a new truative BB and a tenner for a tool to change the BB or

Is it better to just upgrade now.

This would be the 2nd BB for the truative cranks and but while the rings are wearing (3 years or so) they shift ok when setup right.

If I upgrade what would give me better reliability and will I end up buying a tool to remove the current BB and one to fit the new one.

Want to avoid LBS if I can, partly on price but everywhere I called is booked up and I don’t want to stop my commuting.

What tool to remove the powerspline BB please?

fozzyuk

Don't tell me the STW massive don't have an opinion 😉

fozzybear
    Free Member

upgrade to better cranks/BB 😉

powerspline are rubbish, seals are crap and bearings weak. would suggest doing it the cheapest way possable and look to save to upgrade to a better bb/crankset.

(i had those cranks in a marin i bought covered under 12 month warentee, killed 4 BB, after the 4th the LBS said it would not cover any more, i was impressed they covered more than one to be honest, they discounted me some Xt cranks just swapped the BB a few weeks back after a year of service)

uplink
    Free Member

i was impressed they covered more than one to be honest,

Why? – they sold them to you as suitable kit, they should replace failures.

fozzybear
    Free Member

wear and tear… midlands mud/muck is pretty clay like and minces bearings to a pulp…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘BB Help and advice’ is closed to new replies.