Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • BB – Have I set this up right ?? photos…
  • coconut
    Free Member

Giant Anthem 2014:

I put a brand new Shimano XT bb92 in on my Anthem. The frame opening is 89.5mm and has one plastic spacer in the box with no instructions. The tech department at chain reaction said put the spacer on the drive side. Set it all up and it has thrown the front mech out and the chain now rubs. It is a triple chain ring and on the smallest cog the limit screw is all the way in and still not near enough to the chain. It is like the crank is all a few mm too far out. Have I put the spacer on the wrong side ? does this all look correct ? Used a press to fit and all seemed to go very well

drive side:

wiggles
    Free Member

I beleive the 2.5mm DS spacer is correct for 89.5mm BB and not needed for 92mm BB (hence bb92), but If it is causing issues then try without and see what happens.

Rorschach
    Free Member

coconut
    Free Member

so it is correct. How can i “try without” ? can’t see anyway of getting the spacer out with out breaking the BB apart ?

coconut
    Free Member

tillydog
    Free Member

Was there a spacer on the old BB?

If not, there may have been a spacer on the crank spindle instead – have you taken this off?

coconut
    Free Member

stupidly I can’t remeber as I threw the old one away (was last weekend). I think there was a drive side spacer. There is no spacer on the crank arms.

Just seems if the cranks were 3 to 4mm further in it would run perfectly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘BB – Have I set this up right ?? photos…’ is closed to new replies.