Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • BattleStar Galactica – The miniseries
  • thewanderer
    Free Member

Watched it last night… (yeah I’m a bit late to the party)
    It was… alright.

bit flat.. I’m more of a Darkly Dreaming Dexter fan… full of moral uncertainty

Should I keep on with the series or should I take the miniseries as an indication of what lies ahead?

z1ppy
    thewanderer
    Free Member

And only 5 days ago… seems I’m not so far behind after all.

Thanks

z1ppy

verticalclimber
    Free Member

oh whats this? mini series? have full box set with all extras but didnt know about this

kimbers

mini series was essentially the pilot

its the cylon attack on the colonies and galactica’s escape, even has the original theme tune in at one point

LMT
    Free Member

If i remember right, the mini series was the pilot which is 2 hrs long on the blu-ray just condensed down into smaller chunks.

I picked up BSG last year, its slow really slow but once it gets proper going its a great series, loved it that much instead of waiting for lovefilm i just went and picked up the box set. Some the storylines are the usual stuff from most american tv and others just grab you, if you can get half way into the season 1 then you will probably be gripped.

Stevelol
    Free Member

BSG is incredible, if you’re a fan of sci-fi then you really must watch it.

martinhutch

First series of Battlestar is ace, second series OK, third series is daft.

thewanderer
    Free Member

That’s what everyone says…

Like Al in the other post, I found it pretty generic sci-fi.

I love stuff like Moon, Joss Whedon’s stuff, the new Trek…

Some times it takes awhile for a show to get its rhythm. Sound’s like its worth giving series 1 a go.

z1ppy

Like Al in the other post, I found it pretty generic sci-fi.

Thing is is really really doesn’t stay that way, at several points we were left very confused as to WTF was actually going on.. that doesn’t happen with generic sci-fi. TBH I found it to be the most non-sci-fi sci-fi series ever, if you can get your head round that, very entertaining.
    As above like any decent series it takes a while to warm up.

martinhutch

Trouble was, by the third series, it was impossible to get your head round some of the ‘reveals’, and it felt like the resolution was just shoe-horned together (did it get cancelled halfway through the 13 episodes?)

mlucas666
    Free Member

The Storming of New Caprica (Se3 Ep4 ‘Exodus Pt2’) is the most awesome bit of TV Sci-Fi action i have ever seen.

Don’t judge it by the mini series. It gets much much better.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

I didn’t realise there was a mini series (pilot) when I first watched it. Started on series 1 episode 1 (it’s called “33”) and was hooked, but had a feeling like I missed something… I had no f’ing clue what was going on!
    Went back and watched pilot after a few episodes.
    Honestly I loved BSG!

organic355
    Free Member

Best series I have ever watched, keep with it. i thought the pilot was a bit lame too.

Series is frackin awesome.

organic355
    Free Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘BattleStar Galactica – The miniseries’ is closed to new replies.