Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • battery powered garage security alarm/system (+ garage door ideas)
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

any suggestions/recommendations?

brick/tile built detached garage, no wired in electricity, up and over door.

also, whats the most secure garage door system out there which doesn’t need electricity?

getting electric to the garage might be possible, but my solicitor is suggesting that, as the cable would have to cross the neighbours land, it might incur extra legal costs to draw up new deeds for their property.

scruff9252

Perhaps a bit extreme, but you can get blank shotgun cartridge alarms rigged to a trip wire.

Never looked into them so no idea of how the police may see them….

footflaps
    monkeysfeet
    Free Member

You can buy locks that slide into place on the sides, try this site for info
    http://www.diy-tips.co.uk/garage-door-security/

Also, you can get stand alone battery powered motion alarms which can link together, linky
    http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p45787?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_campaign=googleshopping&mkwid=kCoCgYQQ&pcrid=46334967503&gclid=CJKVzZC_7cACFQcHwwodWzwAGA

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

cheers guys – will take a look!

RustyMac

What about putting in a 12V solar powered system into the garage?

Solar panel to a leisure battery, you could run a few 12V mr16 lights and an old car stereo for music as well as have an inverter to drive a 240v standard alarm system.

In your case with increased costs of installing a power cable this may work out as cost effective.

Something like this

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

not sure if i own the south-facing section of the garage block (2 single garages detached from the houses) – but not a bad idea, my dad would flipping love it…

footflaps

Never looked into them so no idea of how the police may see them….

Poorly, you can still kill someone with a blank….

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

not sure i’ve got the balls to rig up a cartridge 😉 i’d not say no to one of those dense smoke machines though, mebbe hooked up with a strobe light and a speaker which emits that stomach churning noise… i’d have no qualms with a burglar coming out pretty **** up 😉

nick1962
    Free Member

Ask your insurance company?
    Fulfil their requirements then relax.That’s what insurance is for surely?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Blank firing mines are perfectly legal AS LONG as you remember NOT to mount them around ear/face level……..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘battery powered garage security alarm/system (+ garage door ideas)’ is closed to new replies.