Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • battery holder
  • andy7t2
    Free Member

has anybody made a device to hold a magic shine battery in the bottle holder.

Looking at creating something possibly cutting a bottle in half and putting the power lead through the drinking cap. not sure how to rejoin the two bottle parts any ideas picks would be good

cheers

carlos
    Free Member

Hot glue gun and a good wrap of duct tape to rejoin the two halves should keep it all nice and water tight

andy7t2
    Free Member

gonna need to separate it every time to recharge otherwise i would

carlos
    Free Member

Ah, that wasn’t clear. Just duct tape then. ;o)

Does it have go in the water bottle holder?? I use a waterproof camera bag and a wide velcro strap to hold it to either the bars or top tube depending on the bike, saying that it’d fit in the holder and could still be velcroed (sp) to the frame.

scaredypants
    andy7t2
    Free Member

doesn’t have to go in the holder just thought it would be more secure than just a velcro strap to the frame. gonna have a go tonight so i’ll let you know how i get on

like it scaredypants could just drill a hole in the top, if my DIY doesn’t work i’ll invest

brassneck

I might be missing something here, but my MS battery would fit in pretty much any bottle I own by taking the lid off? Would need and extension cable ofc, and ideally some sealant around the spout where the wire would protrude. I’d probably sit the battery in some pipe lagging to stop it rattling too much too.

carlos
    Free Member

I’ve had one or two water bottle’s pop out of the holder before now but never had any issues with velcro and it can also be attached to the stem leaving the bottle holder free for a bottle

Luminous
    Free Member

Contact Smudge and he’ll build you something.

http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/10.html

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘battery holder’ is closed to new replies.