Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bathroom Suites?
  • tootallpaul

Evening all…

Any reccommendations for bathroom suite suppliers?

Tesco Bathrooms do a couple that fit the bill- anyone used them?

Many thanks!

Paul

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Are you anywhere near manchester?
    I can hook you up with some really nice vitra or valdesa kit at not much more than cost. Usually less than what the shops pay for it.
    From what I know, tesco are equal to B&Q, they might look nice at first glance but quality is not good

clareymorris

If you are anywhere near Penrith, M. C. Fergusons near Morrisons do some fabulous bathrooms……

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I got a really nice bath for much cheapness from the bathstore Shops in many towns

montylikesbeer

screwfix for me, cheap, modern and ……………..well good

£195 all in

tootallpaul

Cheers all…

I'm struggling a little as my bath is 1500mm not 1700mm that comes with most of the set suites.

Ideally I'd like a package with everything in (taps fittings etc)- something simple and decent quality.

Funkymonkey- nowhere near manchester, but I have a car, and a good friend in Hazel Grove I should visit. Can you email me some examples?

Cheers

Paul

montylikesbeer

1500 mm bath clicky

1500 mm bath suite complete

A couple of ideas, for the second one you need to add some taps, £80 should get you bath and basin taps

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I found the Bathstore stuff to be a bit of a rip off – the EasyJet of bathroom furniture. The bath/basin/bog is always really cheap, but then the add-ons (taps/plugs/seats etc) cost loads on top.

I needed a compact basin for a downstairs loo and the basin was £39. The taps/waste etc pushed the final price up to circa. £150 (not including the toilet).

I ended up getting a compact loo, basin and ALL the hardware (including a stainless steel waste) for £130 from Screwfix.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Take your pic, let me know what you like and I'll get you a price.

Your local posh bathroom place should have Vitra and Valdesa on display if you want a look

http://uk.vitra.com.tr/vitrakatalog/kategori_sbt.aspx?categoryCode=VCT05_01

Can't find the Valdesa website though.

The prices vary in ranges and will be competitive with B&Q basic stuff, much cheaper than the posh stuff

I use Vitra almost exclusively as it's proper good stuff.

Taps and showers, trays and screens and fitted furniture are available too.

If you're really interested, I'll post you a catalogue, it has the retail prices in it but that's not what you'd pay.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Agree with m_f about some of the Bathstore stuff. Shower cubicle and baisin good, but taps and shower absolute rubbish. You will get easily the best value by going to Plumbline or some local plumbers merchant like them. They will be on an industrial estate and won't have a showroom, but then you won't be paying the overhead for that. You'll get honest advice and pay what plumbers pay

DezB
    Free Member

Have you checked Ebay?
    Everything to do with bathrooms is SO MUCH cheaper.
    Just ordered a shower cubicle myself.
    I've bought taps in the past – approx £100 cheaper than the shops.

tootallpaul

Funkymonkey,
    Interested in the catalogue- drop me an email and we'll sort something out…

Cheers

P

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bathroom Suites?’ is closed to new replies.