Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bathroom suite supply
  • dmck16
    Free Member

Finally getting round to sprucing up the bathroom.

Looking for recommendations on where to get the likes of a basin, vanity unit, wall cabinet and some wet wall panels.

Locally around Edinburgh I can easily visit Plumbstore, Plumb Centre and Grahams.

(B&Q seem extortionate as usual.
    Ikea seem very poor quality.)

So… anyone used any online companies before?

Ta in advance.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I used bathandshower.com for basin and toilet, I had to have a specific long toilet by Twyfords to fit the floor waste outlet, so just a case of shopping round for the best price on that item (with matching sink), bathandshower happened to be a country mile cheaper than other retailers I looked at. Bath I got from Bathstore, I went for acrylic and the finish on it looks pretty smart, again, might have been because they did a specific length I wanted.

leffeboy

Just used an online company in Germany for almost a whole bathroom as it was half the price of here in Belgium for most things. Delivery was good, communication was in English and it’s been hassle free. Delivery was on a pallet, well packed and they phoned me half an hour before they arrived as requested to make sure I was in. Delivery was on the day I asked for.

https://en.reuter.de/

Change the delivery country top left

dmck16
    Free Member

Cheers, will have a look at those this evening.

The showrooms I mentioned above were pretty useless – hardly anything suitable on show.
    So the online route looks increasingly likely.

A quick Google throws up websites such as Bath Store, Victoria Plumb etc.
    Anyone had experience of these? Cheap crap?

johndoh
    Free Member

I found local plumbers merchants to be the best for two recent bathroom renovations. Really no more expensive than online and I got to go in and discuss what I wanted and got their opinions and advice.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Ive used victorian plumbing twice in the last six months. Very cheap, quick delivery, well packaged and no problems with quality/transit damage/missing items.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

have a look at victor paris in Edinburgh. Only had to use for a part but service was good.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Never ever think B&Q price is the final price, they want a sale like anyone else, I have had great success driving the price down on kitchens and bathrooms.

franksinatra

tagging this for interest

rob1984p
    Free Member

If you can get the Saturday lad at Wickes to do you a “trade” card you’ll get 10% off there forever more, sometimes much more.

nerd
    Free Member

“The Bathroom Showroom” are a national chain that we’ve used before. Decent quality, not too expensive (£500 for a complete suite at the cheaper end) and it’s all branded stuff, like Ideal and Vitra.

somouk
    Free Member

I used Victorianplumbing.co.uk for mine recently and they were okay price wise but shocking service wise. Dont get them confused with Victoria plum.

Generally speaking order from them early and when everything arrives unpack it and check for damage well ahead of it needing to be installed. I had the back smashed out of a cabinet, ended up tidying it up and installing it anyway as I couldnt wait for replacement.

bigyim
    Free Member

I used Victoria plum, good delivery, and decent build quality for the money. It’s not the rolls Royce of bathrooms. But for what it cost me I was really impressed.

Just make sure the traps and taps etc fit. Don’t presume cause they are recommended that they will fit. I wish I’d ordered the taps etc separately from screwfix

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bathroom suite supply’ is closed to new replies.