Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bathroom Paint advice.
  • juanking

All, I have the unenviable task of decorating our bathroom next week so am starting to look at paints. Generally I always use Johnstones Trade but am undecided on the type, matt or acrylic eggshell. The bathroom gets v steamy even with a manrose mf100 inline fan so I’m thinking the eggshell would be good. I’ve never put eggshell on walls so am unsure on the level of sheen. Do any of you guys have WB eggshell on the walls or should I forget it and stick with matt or perhaps a vinyl? Cheers.

jim25

Just use specific bathroom paint, comes in all sorts of colours and is designed to deal with the steam

DezB
    Free Member

AS jim25 says – bought some in Wickes last week. Looks v nice on my one bathroom wall. Actually most of the tin is left if you fancy a bit of Sea Blue!

i_like_food

We had eggshell in our downstairs bog and utility… it is a bit shiny and I wouldn’t do it again. Having said that it’s not so bad that I can be ar**sd to repaint it.

ajc
    Free Member

A very good bathroom paint is zinsser. It comes in white but you can mix most colours from it.

jonba
    Free Member

I’d say use a specific bathroom/tough paint.

I’m biased because I get it at cost price and they pay my wages but I used Dulux Trade Diamond Matt. It has been fine for about 3 years now and is painted on the roof and above the tiles around the shower so get’s hot and steamy at least once a day.

You shouldn’t need vinyl or eggshell finish if you buy a suitable paint. Most of the big players will have a bathroom specific coating. They will all perform nearly as well as dulux.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bathroom Paint advice.’ is closed to new replies.