Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bathroom floor/wall tiles- any recommendations?
  • hora
    Free Member

Barring the likes of B&Q and Topps tiles- anywhere online that delivers who offer quality still at a good price?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’d bar the 1st two as neither offer good tiles or good price.

Go to your local tile merchant would be my advise as a tiler, can’t see how you could select a tile online unless you weren’t very picky. If you must, have a look at walls and floors of Kettering. Pretty sure they do online stuff as well as having a physical presence store too, albeit in the midlands.

dingabell
    Free Member

As above….avoid B&Q but not a lot wrong with Topps if you see something in there you like?
    If you have any ’tiling friends’ get them to source the adhesive and grout etc. You’ll save a small fortune. And don’t use anything other than Mapei or the other big brand names. Definitely not Dunlop.

northernmatt

We used Topps for our bathroom, very good product and the tiler had fitted then before so no complaints from him. I used click together slate effect floating vinyl flooring instead of tiles as it feels warmer underfoot, really easy to fit as well.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Avoid natural porous stone, it’s a bugger to keep clean in the shower area.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Topps tiles are generally ok BUT they are not cheap, intact, I’d rate them as expensive.

They also batter you on adhesive and grout prices. Personally, contrary to the above advice, I’d avoid Mapei products as I don’t find them nice to work with.

maccyb
    Free Member

Got a reasonable deal and quick delivery on my bathroom tiles with Walls and Floors (though I mainly chose them as they had tiles in the right size and colour, and did lots of free samples with minimal postage), plus a tub of BAL white star, which is lovely adhesive to use. They do seem to charge a lot for tiling accessories though so I’d get them elsewhere.

maccyb
    Free Member

Just to add: The tiles are going round the sink and toilet, because I went with laminate panels for the shower area (1400mm x 900mm) – mixed results though. Lovely surface and quick to install without worrying about leaking grout, but you do get paranoid about sealing the edges, and if you have shower plumbing behind it you have to be very confident it’s not leaking, or you have to remove the whole panel or cut through it…

For my next bathroom I’ll probably go with the more expensive acrylic panels around the shower but tiles on the section with the plumbing, or if I get laminate again I’ll get the fancy trim that holds it at the base up away from the shower tray rather than relying on just silicone.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bathroom floor/wall tiles- any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.