Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Bastareaud
  • druidh
    Free Member

Well named 🙂

Couple of great tries tho.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

What a scary sight to see that bloke running at you with 10 metres to go!

matt_bl
    Free Member

I know the scottish 10 was 'in two minds' but he didn't seem fantastically keen to have a go at the man with the ball. 😆

Matt

Pigface
    Free Member

Great talent but for ever tainted with his behaviour in NZ.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Scotland have the attacking spirit, always looking to stretch the French defence but why can't they keep hold of the ball?

jockhaggis
    Free Member

I just can't believe he's only 21 years old. Looks more like 41.

Special_ized_Jamie

Its more annoying (as a Scot) to see some players playing great and others who are just making up numbers.

I look forward to a Scotland team where more than 3 players can run 100m in under 20secs!

bruk

Scrum was terrible but backs did actually try some adventure and only messed up a few times with it so that was an improvement!

That Bastardeau chap looks pretty big but thankfully had a bit of a mishandling 2nd half. 2nd try showed how he is pretty quick for a big fella.

backhander
    Free Member

Can you imagine him running at tait or hook? 😯

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Jamie – it's always been that way though hasn't it?

Scotland seem to excel with quality scrum-halfs & fullbacks but never seem to have enough top notch players elsewhere.

The comment that Leivremont has blooded 71 caps in two years but there aren't even 71 players in Scotland was telling…

anagallis_arvensis

Not seen todays game yet, but he gave Roberts a right battering in Paris last year.

NZCol

Stupid lying French Basteraud – nice work making up a story that he had been giving a kicking in Wellington last year when in fact his teammate had given him the biff for trying to get in about his gf. Created a complete sh1t storm.

Pigface
    Free Member

Hook is not that small, he might not be huge but he aint bad in the tackle.

carbon337
    Free Member

Now i'm not a massive rugby fan but i tend to watch all the 6 nations and played when at School as hooker. One thing that still puzzles me is why bother with Scrums? They fanny on for ages setting them up, they collapse, injure people, do them again and again.

I appreciate the historic value of it and the power generated but how often do you see the ball turned over from them so thats why i dont see the point – why not just have scrum half distribute from a dead ball? Quicker and gets the ball in hand running game that everyone loves.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Cos then we'd be dropping the flankers as well & playing league…

carbon337
    Free Member

So at International level why cant they get them right? Brian Moore was moaning on about the ref during the England game not getting them right, i cant recall them getting one right and ok first time in yeterdays match.

Are they just generating too much power by using bigger and bigger guys that the talent essence has been lost?

I dunno as i said i'm not a massive fan just watch on occasions and they always seem pointless to me.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

There is still a lot of talent involved in the front row – but when they are outmatched some packs will drop the scrum.
    Moore just loves to complain that 'it was better in his day'! 😆

backhander
    Free Member

Hook is not that small, he might not be huge but he aint bad in the tackle.

Hook is an inch taller and 10lbs lighter than Tait.

Pigface
    Free Member

Did you measure them 😉

backhander
    Free Member

someone did!
    I think the welsh players measure each other 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Thats because they have something to measure :mrgreen:

anagallis_arvensis

Hook is an inch taller and 10lbs lighter than Tait.

like **** he is, if thats true tait is hugely underpowered. he got thrown around a few times yesterday, Hook rarely does.

wikipedia has them the same weight, name yewer sauces

backhander
    Free Member

🙄
    FFS
    Welsh RFU; http://www.wru.co.uk/19811.php?player=5124&includeref=dynamic
    English RFU; http://www.rfu.com/SquadsAndPlayers/EnglandElite/MathewTait
    Do you reckon wiki is more accurate?
    Pigface, i think alfie liked the measury part too much!

anagallis_arvensis

Do you reckon those stats are accurate? Often short light players seem over estimated. There is no way on this earth Tait is 10lbs heavier than Hook. For one of those players bulk and power have been a constant concern and one of them is probably quite proud of how he has bulked up to prove a point to his international coaches. The other no doubt doesnt give a shit and nor do his coaches and could care less what is written on a website.

http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/1689.php?player=70609&includeref=dynamic

Oh and the gay joke… grow up.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ha ha backhander is a homophobe, are you scared of the poof 🙂

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i agree that the scrum has become something of a pointless exercise. I've not seen a scrum driven more than a few meters in an international for a long time. They all either end up collapsed or turning through 90 degrees and re-setting. not sure i can think of a better alternative though.

backhander
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis you're faced with official proof by the rugby bodies of the players concerned and your're still claiming to know better. You are an arrogant fool.

anagallis_arvensis

so the rbs6nations site made it up did they just so Hook wouldnt be worried by marking the heavyweight Tait…. …..

backhander
    Free Member

What are you on about? You're saying that the sites stats are wrong dumbass.
    Check the ospreys site, oh look 14st 2lbs!!!!!
    http://www.ospreysrugby.com/squad/index.php?player=85310&includeref=dynamic
    Who is right the competition or the players own club AND national team?

anagallis_arvensis

http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/1689.php?player=70609&includeref=dynamic

James Hook
    (all stats from 1992 onwards)
    Date of Birth: 27th Jun 1985
    Position: Stand Off
    Height: 1.83 m (6' 0")
    Weight: 94 kg (14 st 11 lb)

I would expect the ospreys site is not up to date and the WRU gives the same weight. The sponsors site on the other hand gives 14st 11, did they just make that up you reckon or did they ask the Ospreys/WRU

backhander
    Free Member

sooooo, a group (6N) who have no/minimal contact with the individual players get the stats correct and the club who monitor every facet of a player week in, week out get it wrong? The welsh rugby medical staff don't know how much their players weigh? (the site was updated for the 6N to get the squad correct).
    Whatever man, he's still a shit tackler. And you still lost.

tails
    Free Member

haha! love a bit of name calling on STW, now can you share your rattle or do you want one each.

anagallis_arvensis

Not sure I've called any names but I am cut to the quick by being called an idiot by backhander.

Do you reckon the team Dr's rush off to update the websites as soon as they weigh someone?

Funny how RBS site got Taits weight the same as you say it is but have given Hooks as different.

I expect there all wrong anyway, but would argue there is no way on this earth Tait is nearly a stone heavier than Hook

anagallis_arvensis

Useless fat **** who did nothing on saturday and was physically dominated by Hook and Tait

http://www.lionsrugby.com/thetour/7120.php?player=18982&includeref=dynamic

A minute later Tait was scooped up by Henson's fellow Osprey, James Hook, and the thought must have run through his head that the Welsh consider him no harder to pick up than a bag of groceries.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/feb/07/mathew-tait-england-wales

backhander
    Free Member

Talking to yourself now?
    I worry for you, you poor poor man.
    Oh, and you'll never get me to read or believe anything written in that rag.

anagallis_arvensis

So backhander did the Lions make up their weight for Hook too?

Oh, and you'll never get me to read or believe anything written in that rag.

Do you want to come round my house and watch the recording to see if Hook did manage to pick tait up and drive him back, good going for a poor tackler on a heavier man………………

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

not seen one for a while so here goes

backhander
    Free Member

Do you want to come round my house and watch the recording

That would be lovely, thank you.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Bastareaud’ is closed to new replies.