Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bastards, gits and generally subhuman lowlife scum…
  • lerk
    Free Member

Just got back into the house after taking a call at work at half five from my neighbour…

“Your shed has been broken into and there’s a rozzer sat outside your house…”

Got home expecting the 8×6 ship lap shed which has a rusty old BMX stashed in there and a flimsy lock to be smashed open, but no…
    My workshop (which is full breeze block construction and has doors that wouldn’t look out of place in a bank vault) has had its roof put through and the bastards have helped themselves to its contents – all back out through the gap in the eaves… This apparently was reported to the fuzz last night…

First tally shows a black m orange five frame with badly resprayed swingarm (27.2 seatpost straight top tube version) with x9 shifters x0 rear mech and juicy 5 brakes, fitted with some old rockshox coil forks as the maverick forks were off for repair… Wheels were found dumped not far away.
    The maverick duc32s with a mavic built wheel to match and a 25.4 riser bar also walked – the good news is, these are not exactly what you might call common!

The also helped themselves to several items from my toolbox including my snapon bolt and stud extractors…

I’ve rebuilt and reinforced the roof, locked the toolbox and brought anything else tasty inside, fortunately I keep the real bikes indoors anyway…. CCTV is now on and I’m sat here twitching the curtains.

Holiday booked for tomorrow’s calls to insurance co. and CSI… Lovely!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Politicians?

lerk
    Free Member

Nope…

…for a change!

I’m now laid in bed wondering whether I may have been targeted by pro’s… One of the other things I’ve spotted missing were a set of elixir 5’s that I swapped out for hope tech X2s, they were in the hope box…
    Of all the other bike bits laying around including xx crankset just next to it, you have to think that they knew (or at least thought they did) what it was…
    There are no windows in the workshop so they couldn’t know what was in there and I’m always careful not to show off the bikes too much on leaving / retuning home…
    I have just sold a bike on eBay and have given out my address, but apparently there was a ladder out up to the back of the workshop three weeks ago, before I even listed the item.

*sits in the dark, looking out of the window stroking his shotgun*

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that mate….I have similar worries – my garage doors/walls/locks are solid, but I’ve got a couple of ‘daylight’ sheets on the corrugated roof which could be broken with force. I’ve always thought no-ones going to try getting in that way, it would make a racket for a start. But you tend not to worry until it’s too late. Mind you, I do have a PIR sensor wired to the house alarm, so can only hope that might save me one day. Oh, and it sounds obvious (and no consolation to you), but my bikes are anchored in place so a quick getaway wouldn’t be possible.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Feel for you, I was targeted but went completely over the top Brick & solid concrete block construction then the roof was lined with 20mm marine play and 100’s of screws through so they would get cut to ribbons, Ohhh the door… Bradbury security from Scunthorpe make doors for power stations police stations & generally anything that needs protecting, No hinges exposed and the door has a 30mm lip to prevent crow barring, when closed there are welded 20mm pins on the hinge side that go into the steel frame then 10x 20mm diameter bolts that go through into the steel frame when you lock it, I wired in a sound bomb that will activate pronto if you don’t enter the code, sad that we live in times as this, I think they’ll be back so maybe best for piece of mind that you have the bikes in doors but it sounds like a pro job they did on you.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Sound Bomb 😀

batfink
    Free Member

Bloody hell. My bikes are on a 12th floor balcony….. if anyone has the balls to make the jump across – they are welcome to them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bastards, gits and generally subhuman lowlife scum…’ is closed to new replies.