Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • basic toolkit for campervan
  • pegasus
    Free Member

As title really. Taking familly camping to France this year in our aged VW T4 and was wondering what sort of tools/spares to take. Any ideas?

Stoner
    Free Member

in my T4 box I have:
    crimp fittings and crimps
    pliers
    some suitable auto wire (for 12v systems)
    pvc tape
    assorted nuts bolts washers screws
    fuses
    adjustable spanner
    stanley knife
    super glue
    string
    assorted zip ties
    batteries
    junior hacksaw
    tack rag
    multi tip screwdriver from pz1-pz3 and 3x flat head bits

EDIT: forgot: adjustable hammer 🙂

alfabus
    Free Member

stoner’s list + mole grips, hammer and credit card.

dawson

Full Snap-on tool chest 😉

pegasus
    Free Member

hi Stoner, are crimp fittings electrical connectors? Where are they most likely to be needed? Sorry if it’s a stupid question…

GW
    Free Member

I have a huge amount of tools still in Europe somewhere after having my Van nicked.
    in hindsight, credit card/Euro roadside assistance is enough. have always had great service from French garages.

edlong
    Free Member

hi Stoner, are crimp fittings electrical connectors? Where are they most likely to be needed? Sorry if it’s a stupid question…

The answer to your original question will be largely determined by what you’re capable of. No point taking anything you won’t know how to use.

The big three for me are (1) hammer, (2) gaffa tape and (3)breakdown cover – if I can’t fix it with the first two, It’s time for (3).

On a slightly more serious note, I do take some other stuff, pliers, screwdrivers, adjustable spanner, and spares-wise some bulbs and fuses. I tend to take more tools and bits for my bike than the van, cos there’s slightly more chance of me being able to do something useful with it.

Stoner
    Free Member

yep elec connectors.

if i have a problem anywhere on my 12v side, from the charger/split relay/leisure battery etc.

nealglover
    Free Member

Leatherman Charge Tii

Duct Tape.

Selection of Hammers.

Kettle (for waiting while the breakdown truck arrives)

:mrgreen:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘basic toolkit for campervan’ is closed to new replies.