Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Basic ICE advice
  • aP
    Free Member

A colleague wants to get a nice stereo to put in her little car. I know nothing about this but thought that there must be STWers who will.
    Budget is sensibly sensible, mp3 socket, maybe cd, radio, loud enough.
    Any sensible thoughts?

hugorune

what does the Institute of Civil Engineers have to do with car stereos?

Stoner
    Free Member

In Case of Emergency?

aP
    Free Member

🙄

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I Can’t Excrete

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I Can’t Excrete

aP
    Free Member

Are you sure? It seems to be coming out pretty easily.

steve-g
    Free Member

crystal meth?

Pieface

Go for a USB socket rather than a 3.5mm jack / or as well as. This allows you to put music on a USB memory stick that you just plug into the fascia, or any otehr music device. I’ve got 80 albums plus room for more on my USB stick that lives in the car.

ransos
    Free Member

My car radio will control and charge up my Ipod, which is very convenient. It’s a Kenwood and cost about £180 from Halfords.

damion
    Free Member

Might get some more useful advice from this lot:

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/

Best head unit she can afford, some components up front, something with some clout in the back, 15″ sub, couple of kilowatts in the boot…..

I’m getting carried away now aren’t I?

bruneep

I can ejaculate…………

……albeit its jaffa

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Aldi, tomorrow.

thomthumb
    Free Member

caraudiosecurity normally have some good deals – halfords *sometimes* do, check prices on internet against instore prices.

Avoid ebay – lots of grey import/ dodgu stuff on there.

If it’s just a head unit – should be pretty easy to fit – may need an adaptor (about a tenner)

If there is an in car remote / display (renault haves a seperate screen on the dash for what radio station is playing) this will be a more costly adaptor – or it will stop working.

Head unit and replace the front speakers will be better.

I spent £100s on a proper install once (nine speakers, 2 amps, sub, power cap, active crossovers etc.) my mate spent £100 on a sony head unit and £70 on some kenwood coax speakers – was a lot better sounding than mine!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Basic ICE advice’ is closed to new replies.