Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Basic hygeine or political-correctness-gone-mad?
  • rogg
    Free Member

Bit of a first world/middle class conundrum, this. Apologies if it’s been done before…
    Son (8) has been asked to take stuff into school for junk modelling, but has informed me he can’t take empty loo-rolls, only empty/finished kitchen rolls.
    My immediate reaction was that of a Daily Mail reader (political correctness etc, a few germs never hurt anybody etc etc), but then I thought about it some more and it makes sense. The tube has been in someone’s bog for at least a day or so (depending on how many laydeez are in the house) with all the opportunities for splashing, and who knows what else.
    I know I clearly haven’t got enough to worry about, but should they be allowed to use them or not?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I used to tape ’em together to use as play binoculars. Never did me any harm.

wwaswas

my wife, having found poo inside a number where people had ‘stuck a shitty finger in the middle and pulled a few sheets of paper off the outside’ banned them from her classroom some years ago.

jon1973
    Free Member

I used to tape ’em together to use as play binoculars. Never did me any harm.

muppetWrangler earlier today…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

😯

TuckerUK
    Free Member

These were banned in some schools back when my eldest attended, so some 20 years ago.

I think it’s a predictable reaction to the declining standards of parenting coupled with the H&S nonsense bandwagon.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

where people had ‘stuck a shitty finger

How does the finger get shitty? I have never, ever in my entire life, made my own finger shitty. Never.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I have never, ever in my entire life, made my own finger shitty. Never.

Your girlfriend doesn’t let you ‘ring the doorbell’ either?

wombat

The implication being that someone else’s finger is an entirely different story…….? 😈

GrahamS

Never had a surprise catastrophic failure of low-grade toilet paper while trying to dislodge a particularly stubborn clagnut?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Bit of a first world/middle class conundrum, this.

I’ve known some working class type people to occasionally buy rolls of toilet paper. True that.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Never had a surprise catastrophic failure of low-grade toilet paper while trying to dislodge a particularly stubborn clagnut?

No. No clagnuts. Adequate amount of paper used, I’ve had a lot of practice. I can wipe my own ass quite well, IMO. 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

I have never, ever in my entire life, made my own finger shitty.

I have. Sometimes you miss, sometimes you accidently end up with only a single sheet under your fingertip, and sometimes you have kids.

wwaswas

I can wipe my own ass quite well, IMO

My wife overheard two kids walking back to the classroom having been to the loo.

One said to the other ‘I think I need to go back and have another wipe’.

Clearly not everyone has your surefire technique PP.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Nothing worse in this world than cheap loo paper failure! 😳
    Tesco’s quilted FTW 😆

soobalias
    Free Member

Nothing worse in this world than cheap loo paper failure!

unblocking the drains following incorrect disposal of baby wipes?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I was in a government establishment in Taipei a couple of month ago and they had a ratchet system on the loo roll holders that stopped them dispensing more than two sheets at a time!

Being a canny westerner though I noticed that you could unroll the loo roll in the opposite direction manually and beat the system 🙂

hora
    Free Member

How does the finger get shitty? I have never, ever in my entire life, made my own finger shitty. Never.

Never been sexually adventurous?

In addition….

Never had a bogroll in the bedroom to mop up after you’ve AK47’d a lovely lady? I know they say its a teaspoon but my god it must increase if you are with a particularly lovely lady.

rogg
    Free Member

I’ve known some working class type people to occasionally buy rolls of toilet paper.

Really? I’d assumed they used torn up sheets of The Morning Star, or a whippet, or something.

wwaswas

a whippet

or a c456 if they’re a bit more gnarr.

Stoner
    Free Member

swans’ necks FTW

IanMunro
    Free Member

PP, You’re not one of those ‘scrunchers’ are you that uses half a loo roll for each poo?

martinhutch

Clearly PP has a regular back, sack and crack to facilitate a smooth sweep out. Or is freakishly hairless.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Dirty Sanchez

😈

konabunny
    Free Member

Clearly not everyone has your surefire technique PP.

Perhaps that is what can be taught in the timeslot formerly taken by Toilet Roll Construction Class.

wwaswas

we could all protest by wiping raw chicken all over the stuff we are allowed to send in for junk modelling classes?

That’d show ’em.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Have you never ‘breached the hull’ due to cheap bog roll?

s
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

If a thread could stoop any lower, allow Hora to oblige 🙂

Flaperon

😯

trail_rat
    Free Member

dunno about the op but basic hygiene is lacking a touch in alot of folk –

in public toilets and even the office bogs the number of people who go to the sink , wet there hands under the tap with no soap then run their fingers through their hair and class that as washed.

Some places in the world id rather eat my own shit than use the water from the tap to wash my hands but in the western world I always wash my hands with soap and water

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Basic hygeine or political-correctness-gone-mad?’ is closed to new replies.