Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • bash gaurd help
  • kenztwinturbo
    Free Member

Hey lads, just a quick 1 ..

I have 44 teeth on my outer ring and im looking to replace it with a guard .. am I right I thinking that I need to find one with 44t or will 40t gaurd work?? Most the ones I have found are for 40..

kenztwinturbo
    Free Member

44 teeth on my ring sounds so wrong I know 😉

davewalsh
    Free Member

The guard should match the biggest ring that is left, therefore if your current chainset is 22,32,44 the bash should be 32.

kenztwinturbo
    Free Member

Ahhh right I see 😉 well my outer ring I am removing is 44 so I shall check the 2nd ring 😉

kenztwinturbo
    Free Member

32 it is

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Yep, Bash should match the biggest ring you have remaining on the chainset.

If you get a chain device, the wheel should touch the Bash and rotate accordingly too, I hate seeing chain device wheels nowhere near the bash ring.

dirtydog
    Free Member

You could go with a 34t bash this would leave you with the option of fitting a larger middle (now outer) ring at a later date, just gives you a bit of leeway.

kenztwinturbo
    Free Member

Ahh ok guys that’s great… so I can go for a bigger guard ie. It will go on ? Just abit restricted looking for 32 only ?

Anyone care to explain the benefit s of a chain device ??

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Anyone care to explain the benefit s of a chain device ??

Looks cool
    Keeps the chain on, possibly
    Looks cool
    They’re only £22 for a Blackspire Stinger, they look cool too

dirtydog
    Free Member

@kenztwinturbo
    Yes a 34t bash would give you the option of running a 34t chainring instead of your current 32, it all depends on what gearing your happy with. If you wanted you could probably fit a 36 bash and run a 36 or 34 ring, the worlds your oyster.

A chainguide helps prevent your chain dropping off, if your not dropping your chain then you don’t need one.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘bash gaurd help’ is closed to new replies.