• This topic has 22 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by v10.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Bargain 2010 revelations….
  • hugh_b
    Free Member

Hi guy's, thought i would treat myself to a new set of forks to go with my new frame i have on the way. Searched for a set of 2010 revs as i loved my 09's so much.
    Rutlands cycles are doing the 2010 revelation maxle lite forks for £349.99 delivered, the rrp is £525 I believe.
    Ordered mine Monday and received them today! They are after-market rockshox so proper box, manual with spacers & star nut, shock pump etc. Cant wait to try them!
    Would like to say thanks to Luke @ Rutlands for sorting my order out really quickly! 🙂

Thought i'd let you lot know as i know you like a good bargain!

Hugh

richc
    Free Member

Which ones are they the Teams or the Race? ie, with or without blackbox damping, and do they have the powerbulge?

hugh_b
    Free Member

They are the race version, i didn't see the point in the extra £100 myself. Without sounding big headed i'm a relatively competent rider and didn't feel the 09 revs were under performing anywhere. They are exactly the same as the others except no blackbox damping bower bulges etc.
    I can post pics if anyone wants to see them.

fozzybear
    Free Member

bikeoutlet are doing them cheaper than that.
    £329.95 posted
    http://www.bikeoutlet.co.uk/products/Rockshox_Revelation_426_Dual_Air_White_2009_Maxle_Lite-830-0.html

# Model : Rockshox Revelation 426 Air White 140mm / MC / PushLock / Maxle-Lite 26" (2009)
    # Travel : 140mm
    # Travel Adjust: All Travel
    # Weight : 1750g (3.85 lb)
    # Spring : Dual Air Spring Adjust: Air pressure via dual Schrader valves
    # Damping : Motion Control with Lock Out (PushLock), Adjustable Rebound Control

v10
    Free Member

Hi Hugh

Glad the forks arrived quickly and safely for you. 🙂

The Race is Identical to the team other than having standard MoCo damping rather than the BlackBox Moco. Its also a bit lighter which is always nice!

Fozzy thats a great price for the 09 versions – ive got a set of these myself and they are awesome forks but the ones we have on offer are the new 2010 150mm travel versions.

chakaping
    Free Member

And how much are the Teams going for, out of interest?

v10
    Free Member

Chakaping: Wont be any big deals on the Teams – Just the usual 10-15% online savings. Bought the Race's in bulk to be able to do at this offer price.

fozzybear
    Free Member

ahh sorry V10

nbt

The rutland models are 2010 – 150mm travel. THose from BikeOutlet are 2009, 140mm travel

fozzybear
    Free Member

as V10 said above 🙂 and i said sorry

cakeeater
    Free Member

Are the 2010 Revs adjustable? I know they don't have U-turn but wondered if they adjust any other way?

hugh_b
    Free Member

The rev's i have from Rutlands have rebound/lockout/floodgate/ + & – air pressure and the travel can be changed internally with the use of spacers (supplied).

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

hugh_b – does the internal travel spacer reduce the axle to crown height or does this remain fixed? Eg, if you went from 150mm to 130mm would the fork height subsequently drop 20mm? Anyone else know?

hugh_b
    Free Member

yeah i guess it would as the stanchions would sit further into the lowers therefore reducing the gap between the axle and crown.
    It may be worth looking at the rebas depending on how much travel you really want.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I know my bike will be fine with 140mm, just not sure if 150mm will be too much. Therefore if it is I'd like the option to run them at 140, especially if it reduced the fork height.

hugh_b
    Free Member

yeah it will, i think axle to crown is 529mm at the full 150mm travel, 519mm at 140mm etc

snakebite
    Free Member

they do a uturn version also, 150mm dual air, blackbox etc….. 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

ton

****, could not refuse……..aaarrrggghhhhhh
    didn't need no new forks either……………
    mmmm black ragley, white forks………. 8) 😉

Pieface

Some bargains to be had. Unfortunately I'd need to buy a new front wheel and brake to get what I want – damned Maxle lites and post mount brakes

v10
    Free Member

Think the travel spacer they come with is 20mm (therefore dropping to 130mm). Cant recall if it is but if its just a solid bar spacer rather than a chamfered one (like the fox ones). Then you could cut this to any length you like and in theory run any travel.

Ton – let me know how the Rev's ride on the BP – might chuck a set on our demo bike. Ive also dropped a note onto your order ok'ing the work delivery address even though its your first order. 😉

ton

v10
    any idea how much a 20mm wheel for them will be.
    pro2 on a 729, and do you have stock…

v10
    Free Member

729 on a pro2 hub would have to be a custom build. Ill be honest, with the price of spokes at the moment we would struggle to match the price offered by crc/merlin on something like this. Merlin builds are always pretty solid too.

Weve got the 721/Pro2 HH's in stock but everyone seems to be split on which of these two rims is better!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Bargain 2010 revelations….’ is closed to new replies.