Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Barcelona v Arsenal
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Ref a joke for applying the rules shocker! Some you win some you lose. If he hadn’t had a hissy fit earlier, it would have been a yellow and he’d have stayed on the pitch, not the ref’s fault. 😀
    MTFU, both of you.

billybob
    Free Member

Whilst there is no question Barcelona were the better team over the 2 legs, last night until I thought they were petulant & cynical falling over at every opportunity until they got the 1st goal.

It’s a shame really as 11 v 11 better or not Arsenal were still in it, when Van Persie got sent off it was always going to be a matter of time until Barcelona scored again.

It would be nice just for once to be able to say that they were beaten by the better team & there was no cynicism from the opposition & no awful decisions from the ref effected the result.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

what with all the whinging about the RvP sending off it seems to have overshadowed the fact the Barca should have had a first half penalty when Messi was felled inside ( just ) the box ….
    and how any team that has NO attempts on goal in 90 minutes can think they lost due to the ref is beyond me, look at the stats ….

Attempts at Goal

Barca 19
    Arsenal 0

Possession
    Barca 67%
    Arsenal 33%

in fact the only thing Arsenal did more of was commit fouls

loddrik
    Free Member

Barca were massively better across the two ties except for the last 25 mins at the emirates. Anyone who really thought that arsenal were anything other than completely outclassed is deluded. Arsenal have no fighting spirit, that’s why they haven’t won anything for 5 years and won’t win anything this year.

Every man and his wife can see that arsenal need a mascherano or another viera but webber is too stubborn and bloody minded to admit that he is wrong in not buying a player like that.

Jamie
    Free Member

I hope to quote that one back at you at some point Loddrik 😀

Anyways. Nice to see someone gives a shit these days:

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Who the hell is Webber?

Jamie
    Free Member

Always amuses me when people take the effort to write WGAS? in the tags.

Good to see irony out in the wild.

warton
    Free Member

Personally I’m happy they lost, I hope they lose the rest of the games this season, all because of dubious decisions. Then I hope that whining little prick Wenger leaves british football and never comes back. I hate him, and I know hate is a strong word, but in this context it isn’t strong enough. Every bad decision that goes against them is karma for his “I didn’t see it” quote whenever one of his players has cheated. He’s so quick to condemn over players for their ‘targeting’ of Arsenal though isn’t he. And the way he stands on the touchlines in that sleeping bag coat, looking like a sex change gone wrong.

I hate him, I hate him, I hate him.

And relax

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Loser.

donsimon
    Free Member

Always amuses me when people take the effort to write WGAS? in the tags.

Good to see irony out in the wild.

I thought the exact same thing, but couldn’t be arsed writing anything. D’oh!

Jamie
    Free Member

warton – Member
    Personally I’m happy they lost, I hope they lose the rest of the games this season, all because of dubious decisions. Then I hope that whining little prick Wenger leaves british football and never comes back. I hate him, and I know hate is a strong word, but in this context it isn’t strong enough. Every bad decision that goes against them is karma for his “I didn’t see it” quote whenever one of his players has cheated. He’s so quick to condemn over players for their ‘targeting’ of Arsenal though isn’t he. And the way he stands on the touchlines in that sleeping bag coat, looking like a sex change gone wrong.

I hate him, I hate him, I hate him.

And relax

Well, that all seems perfectly reasonable……

schrickvr6
    Free Member

What a bunch of bile spouting cock sniffers.

As outclassed as Arsenal were all it would have taken was one goal to go through. Had Van Persie been in Bentdners position would he have scored? Probably…..

donsimon
    Free Member

Had Van Persie been in Bentdners position would he have scored? Probably….

But had Peter Schmeichel been in goal, he would have saved it, probably…. What if…….?

loddrik
    Free Member

Webber = wenger in iPhone predictive text….

Junkyard
    Free Member

warton you really do need to calm down Wenger is respecte dby most football fans for his brand of football and the values he sticks to – despite the lack of trophies.
    I cant really see what he could have ever done to anger you to this degree – you may wish to look at yourself rather than Wenger for this answer
    Man U fan BTW if it matters
    Feel ssorry for them who knows what would have happened but it was a harsh decision that may have affected the game.
    Doubt we will ever hear of the ref again

loddrik
    Free Member

Tbh unless wenger swallows his pride and spends a bit they may struggle for a CL place next year, you can bet that chelsea, man city and Liverpool are all going to spend big in the summer and be stronger as a result. Arsenal and the scum ate where they are in the league this year because these teams have been too inconsistent. Next year Im pretty sure they’ll have strengthened with a view to being far more consistent Week in week out.

trailmonkey

I think it says everything about the vastly superior quality of La Liga over the EPL that a team that is currently fighting for the EPL and has pretentions of being a great footballing side in the Barcelona mould, should happily concede 76% of the possesion and quite frankly look tactically terrified.

The best side went through. Anything else would have been wrong.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Tbh unless wenger swallows his pride and spends a bit they may struggle for a CL place next year

This gets wheeled out every year and it never happens, Denilson needs to go and bring in one solid defensive midfielder as cover for Song and perhaps a pacey forward at the most, with Ramsey and hopefully the Verminator back would be a big boost in itself, the rest of the team is young and improving. I hope it doesn’t happen but even if Fabregas goes it’s not the end of the world with Rambo the hobbit and Song Billong as the midfield three.

But had Peter Schmeichel been in goal, he would have saved it, probably…. What if…….?

Yeah the chance that was a chance probably never would have happened and been a chance, but it wouldn’t have hurt their chances, inferior teams win in football all the time….One chance is all it takes. Have I said chance enough?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Never mind all that;

Player-manager sent off for tackling man in mankini.

And Van Persie thinks he’s hard done by??

avdave2

And didn’t they finish the game with 8 men?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Barcelona v Arsenal’ is closed to new replies.