• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Mush.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Barcelona B&B recommendations
  • Mush
    Free Member

Managed to get some cheap flights to Barcelona for my girlfriend and I next month, but we’re having some difficulty in finding a place to stay from the myriad of options available.

Looking for something simple, ideally a B&B, fairly central (doesn’t have to be on La Rambla, but not on the outskirts either), around 200 euros for both of us for 3 nights.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

rickmeister

Have a google for Hosteleria Grau, really friendly, clean and welcoming. Good bar for breakfasts next door. Close to airport bus drop off and La Rambla etc etc..

totalshell

we stated at a spot 100m from the top of la rambla in oct.. spansih hotel no emgklish.. brilliant.. forgot what its called for the mo. top tips.. get the bus from the airport concourse into town cheap simple stops at the top of la rambla. this is a sweeping generalisation but do not dismiss it lightly. SOMEONE WILL TRY TO PICK YOUR POCKETS SOMEONE ( VIRTUALLY EVERYONE) WILL SHORT CHANGE YOU YOU WILL BE OVERCHARGED shame but true..best food down on the harbour edges its.. 100 quid into the football.. get into la famillia ( we went to a service there early sunday morning)

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We stayed her when we were in Barcelona a few years ago. On the circular bus route, almost, easy access to and from airport and a few good bars etc close by. Really nice hotel too.

Click click

jambo13
    Free Member

We stayed at the Vrabac Guesthouse when we where in Barcelona.

Fabulous place, fabulous location, very nice people and I *think* the price was ok as well (the wife booked it)

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187497-d614396-Reviews-Vrabac_Guesthouse-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

One word of caution, the rooms next to the street can be fairly noisy, if you want peace and quiet perhaps get one back from the street.

Mush
    Free Member

Thanks all. Vrabac Guesthouse and Hosteleria Grau look great, but sadly fully booked for our dates.

Any other suggestions?

rickmeister

Hmmm. Plan B… Appartment Rembrant, very close to Hosteleria Grau. Stayed there and they even let us park two motorbikes in the entrance hall….

That point about the ramblas is pretty close to the truth… did some work with Sony and most of our team were hustled/propositioned/conned/robbed…

Its not a big deal when you get wise to it… I kept my hand on my cash in my pocket, even though a bloke grabbed my tackle to get a reaction so his mate could attempt to get my cash…

It became a sport to watch all this going on…

bri-72

Hotel hesperia carlit was very good last month. Other half booked so no idea what prices were think she got a deal through Expedia. Only 10/15min walk to centre. We got every other person saying before we went – watch out for pickpockets. Never had an issue or saw anyone dodge entire time were there. Enjoy.

voodoo_chile

You may get H10 universitat ..right by metro and far enough from la rambla ….sometimes u get that below 50 a night for the room

midlifecrashes

Not B&B, but we rented an apartment for our stay from these guys, they have quite loads so might have one you’re after. They also go by the name of homeadvicespain, but the website has had a revamp/rename.

http://www.citytripbarcelona.com/

atlaz
    Free Member

How adventurous are you? When I went for sonar we rented the top floor (and terrace) of the house of an English woman in Barceloneta. She lives there so you’re sharing but she’s really nice and doesn’t get in the way. Cost me like 50e a day, market is one minute away for breakfast and for us, staying with her enhanced the experience (she doesn’t mind late nights etc, makes coffee for you).

MrSmith
    Free Member

the Ramblas is just like any other tourist trap, it’s no different to Leicester square, if you walk round looking like an ideal pickpocket target then don’t be surprised if you get yourself into a situation.
    saying that i have spent time in Barcelona every year for the last 15 years but never had a problem or seen any crime but then i don’t walk round looking like a victim in the making. BCN is no more dangerous than any other southern European city.

i wouldn’t get too hung up on being right close to the center, it’s not a huge city like london and the bus/tube network means you are never that far away from where you want to be, Gracia is a nice area with more of a community feel and the nightlife is less touristy, the locals have a phrase ‘above the diagonal’ which means you are savvy enough to live there as it’s cooler (higher) but still close enough to the center.

Mush
    Free Member

Atlaz, that sounds great. Do you have a link or e-mail for where you stayed? My e-mail is in my profile.

Midlifecrashes, we had initially planned to rent an apartment, but couldn’t find anywhere in budget. Looks a good option for larger groups though.

Again, thanks all. Some nice looking places, but either too expensive or fully booked…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Barcelona B&B recommendations’ is closed to new replies.