Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Barbecue-ists of STW – which Weber?
  • ourmaninthenorth

Let’s not get into gas vs charcoal thing….

We’ve had a Smokey Joe for years (the now discontinued Gold model) and love it. However good it is, it’s small and not really ideal for low, slow cooking for several people.

So, I want another Weber. The choice is the One Touch Premium or the Master Touch.

Is the Master Touch worth the extra 25% cost?

wrecker
    Free Member

Only if you want the gourmet system for the pizza stone etc. if you don’t want those features then no it’s not worth it he extra.

wallop

We just got our Master Touch from Mill Race Garden centre – seemed a good discount.

ourmaninthenorth

Wrecker – I assume a normal pizza stone will work just as well?

cyve
    Free Member

Pro Q bullet BBQ.

More versatile and way cheaper than a Weber.

russianbob
    Free Member

Premium here. Mainly because I wanted the hinged bits at the side of the grill for adding more coals during smoking. Not been disappointed.

ourmaninthenorth

Cyve – I want a kettle to grill as well.

Cheers russianbob.

wrecker
    Free Member

Yep I expect it will. Just make sure it will fit (obviously…) but I do think that the air gap is a thing. Dunno. I’m a weber bitch, the kit is not really comparable with proQ though, it’s a lot better made.
    I’d say that kettles are very versatile, it’s perfectly possible to use them for smoking.

ourmaninthenorth

Cheers wrecker.

TBH I want the Premium grill for most of the time, and the Gourmet system for pizza only I guess.

But I’m spoiled by our Smokey Joe being that lovely spring green, and I love the crimson red of the master touch….

Decisions, decisions!

wrecker
    Free Member

Id say that you’ll never reget having the all singing and dancing but you might regret not having the singing/dancing one. It’ll last you years so spreading the cost over its life makes it seem more reasonable. Saying that I have a compact (amongst others) and it’s the most used one, 4 years old and looks as good as new.

ourmaninthenorth

Good point.

This could the start of a slippery slope….

nedrapier

I thought the gourmet system stuff was compatible with all the 57cm Webers except the compact?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Barbecue-ists of STW – which Weber?’ is closed to new replies.